Accounts Payable Coordinator - 3 Month Contract
Hi, I’m Constance Straker-Brown, the Manager, Accounts Payable at Mejuri, looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our team.
As the Accounts Payable coordinator, you will work closely to support the Accounts Payable representatives to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all payables. You will provide support to our dynamic team of accounting professionals and ensure completeness of all duties assigned. Also be the first point of contact for all vendor inquiries.
It’s a great time to join the Accounts Payable team as we continue to grow along with Mejuri. We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, a team player who will resolve the discrepancies with great attention to detail and in depth analysis.
- Manage the AP mailbox, prioritize and organize on a daily basis
- Manage the pending and unpayable transactions queues returned to the AP team for resolution.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams for issue resolution
- Assist with invoice entries for non-inventory accounts into the accounting system.
- Validate the invoices and obtain adequate approvals prior to payment
- Using analytical skills and judgment to solve problems at the source and deal with complex issues that require in-depth assessment
- Resolve mismatches if any, and validation of agreements and arrangements with various vendors
- Adhere to the agreed SOPs and SLAs
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all strategic vendor statements and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assist with expense claims in the accounting system.
- Respond to vendor inquiries on a timely manner within the agreed SLA
- Clear Sync errors between the AP System and Accounting system
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform administrative duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Accounting related university degree or College diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Immediate to advanced Excel skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to build relationships
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- High attention to details
- Ability to think outside the box
- Professional with the ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with ambiguity and constant change
- Extremely organized and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, a self starter with a strong work ethic and a team player with excellent client service skills
- Experience using Tipalti and NetSuite accounting software
- Experience in eCommerce, manufacturing or consumer packaged goods industries
- Unpayable and rejected invoices
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated