Knix - Social Media Specialist and Executive Liaison to Joanna Griffiths
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
PSA: Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing Knix on their search for an Executive Assistant to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between Knix and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at Knix if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to receiving your application!
Hello, I’m Joanna Griffiths, the founder and President of Knix, a brand fueled by innovation and a relentless pursuit of empowering people to live unapologetically free. My journey into the intimates industry began when I recognized a gap in the market for comfortable and functional underwear, and the opportunity to create a brand that celebrated people for who they are. Driven by this vision, I founded Knix in 2013. A lot has changed over the past 10+ years, but our mission has remained the same. Through relentless dedication, an incredible team and community and a commitment to innovation, Knix has expanded beyond leakproof underwear, to now make intimates, swim and activewear for every part of you.
Founding Knix wasn't just about creating great products; it was about starting a movement to empower women worldwide to live unapologetically free. I’ve poured my heart into building a brand that champions comfort, inclusivity, and self-confidence. Beyond the boardroom, I’m deeply committed to supporting causes that align with our values, whether it's advocating for women's health initiatives or empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs through public speaking, volunteering and events. Growing up I didn’t see a lot of founders and CEOs that looked like me and I often found the over glamourization of entrepreneurship made me feel quite lonely. That’s why I have always chosen to take a different approach and to use my own voice and platform to let others know what the journey is really like and that they aren’t alone. I love bringing people with me behind the scenes as I navigate leading a fast growing company, raising a family with three young kids and (ideally) having an impact.
I’m on the lookout for a Social Media Specialist and Executive Liaison who shares my drive for excellence, and has a passion for social media storytelling. In this role, you’ll not only provide invaluable personal support in managing my schedule and facilitating key initiatives, but also be a vital part of crafting compelling content across various platforms, showcasing the behind-the-scenes journey of a founder. If you're a proactive, detail-oriented individual with a knack for multitasking and a love for creating engaging social media content, I’d love for you to join me on this incredible journey at Knix.
About the Role
This is an exciting new role, supporting the Founder and President of Knix: Joanna Griffiths - one of North America’s most admired and recognized leaders and a global figure for women empowerment and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate will help support Joanna in a variety of facets and in an exciting role that is at the intersection of an executive & personal assistant as well as social media management. The successful candidate will have an upbeat, positive, personable, can-do attitude, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, confidence, and a very strong work ethic. They will have a solid understanding of social media and a track record of producing compelling social media content. They will be able to work independently with little or no supervision, be well-organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful. This role is based in Toronto.
What's unique about this role is you will be responsible for Executive Assistant duties while having the opportunity to work closely with Joanna to craft and grow her budding social media presence for her engaged community members. Interested? Keep reading to learning more!
Executive Support and Impact:
- Own all calendar management and preparedness around all events and meetings.
- Liaise across the organization with leadership. employees and board members to ensure that everyone feels supported while ensuring the President’s time is used in the best possible way.
- Partner with speaking agent to coordinate speaking engagements and other key partnerships, including contract negotiations, billing and expense submissions.
- Reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails and documents, producing reports and slide decks for presentations, collecting information and initiating communications on behalf of the President.
- Partner with Executive Operations Manager to support major company wide initiatives (Off Sites, Board Meetings etc.).
- Complete ad-hoc duties such as personal errands, shopping for key events, travel, overseeing contractors and maintenance, going into the home to retrieve items, coordinating with other members of the household etc.
- Addressing tasks as they arise, such as researching vendors, vehicle maintenance, decor or furniture, etc.
- Gifting research, gift-buying and planning for birthdays, special occasions, corporate gifts, et.c
- Event Planning: ability to help budget, organize, and decorate for special events (caterers, wine list, entertainment, etc.).
- Researching, booking and arranging travel, transport, restaurants and accommodation.
Social Media Management, Content Creation and Community Impact:
- Use storytelling to articulate Joanna's vision and mission in a way that resonates with her online community and audience.
- Coordinate and create all social media related content across a variety of mediums (Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn), ensuring high value of engaging content, bringing audiences behind the scenes of what it’s like to be a Founder and bolstering the brand of the Founder and President’s engagements.
- Partner with the Knix's social media and marketing team to ensure that the company is leveraging the Founder and President’s own social media channels to help bring attention and awareness to key brand initiatives.
What you bring to the role:
- 2-3 years experience in social media content creation, community management and/or PR Regarded as highly adaptable, agile and calm/poised when faced with change and/or ambiguity.
- Advanced knowledge of all social networking platforms
- Possess a strong understanding of social media and digital marketing
- Has intuitive design and aesthetic understanding
- Respected for maintaining discretion and confidentiality in in all interactions, especially with sensitive matters.
- You're know for your curiosity, learning and continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a strong sense of calm and a bias for action without steam rolling anyone.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; resourceful and detail orientedAble to anticipate needs, see the big/small picture as well as be discreet at all times.
- Willingness to drive longer distances to additional sites as needed (within Ontario) and travel on occasion with the Joanna (and team) to events.
You will make a big impact in this role if:
- You have a relatable and engaging personality, enjoy working with others, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are obsessed with making sure every piece is where it needs to be and can't let something go until you know it's perfect.
- You have a strong sense of urgency, you can determine what to focus on first and can work both quickly and efficiently to maintain multiple deadlines. You keep on top of all tasks and know how to organize and maintain them all.
- You have a unique balance of left brain and right and enjoy exercising your creative muscle.
- You have strong social media acumen and creator skills, you love the power of storytelling and using social media as a way to connect with a broader community online.
- You have a pulse on what’s relevant today and love to keep up on style, content, restaurant and other trends.
- You have a clear value in operating in an ethical manner, treat people with respect, and can adhere to confidential and sensitive matters with high discretion.
The Perks, Benefits and More:
- Development Budget & Ongoing Training
- Health Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- GRSP Match Program
- Summer Fridays & Extra Long Weekends
- Access to Modern Health Wellness App
- Family & Friends Discount
Interview Process: Applications are due by Noon on Friday, February 16, 2024
- Video Screen with Avery Francis (45 minutes)
- Video interview with with Rano Uthayakumar (30 minutes)
- Take home social media + content challenge
- Video interview with Nooreen Kanji and Emily Scarlett (60 minutes)
- In-person interview with Joanna Griffiths (60 minutes)
- Reference/background checks
Like Bloom, Knix is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, Hiring Managers will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities. To apply, please submit your application via Bloom.
Equity, Accessibility and Accommodation Statement:
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.