Senior Software Engineer - Linux/C++
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Software Integration - Software Images (SWIM) Team creates novel solutions to getting Application and Operating System Images to the vehicle. We act as the glue between the vehicle hardware and the autonomous driver software. Every day, Test Engineers use our tools to get the trucks loaded up with the latest software and out onto the road.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to our state-of-the-art image management for autonomous trucks that deploys software and re-provisions operating system images onto the vehicle computes.
- Flashing of Embedded computes.
- Creating and maintaining Embedded OS images.
- Work in a highly collaborative team.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Math & 6+ years of professional experience OR a Master's Degree & 4+ years of experience.
- Embedded systems experience
- Experience with C & C++ programming
- Proficient in the Linux operating system
- Containerization experience with tools like Docker.
- Git repository experience.
- Experience with QNX, Linux RTOS
- Linux Kernel development experience
- Experience with Infineon Aurix micros
- Experience with Flashing Over-The-Air
- Network experience
- Experience with GO language
- AWS Cloud experience (ECR, S3, Lambdas, IoT Core)
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.