Sensor Validation Intern
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Imaging Specialist will assist the camera hardware team in writing, deploying, and running validation and Hardware-In-Loop tests for cameras and sensors bound for Torcs autonomous fleet. You will be responsible for assisting in the design, build and operation of camera test setups for image quality assessment, calibration and lens focusing.
Essential Duties As part of the Camera Hardware team, you’ll need to:
- Work efficiently with both hardware and software in a lab environment
- Write, execute and validate tests on hardware using Python 3
- Improve quality of camera focusing and calibration workflow
- Build optical test setups that meet the design requirements of the camera team
- Collaborate with team members to address gaps in current validation requirements
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Currently enrolled in one of the following disciplines: o Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Familiarity with Python best practices
- Basic competency in Linux
- Experience with version control and git
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or experience with cameras and optical systems is a plus
- Understand the difference between a ¼"-20 and M6 bolt
- Location: Torc Robotics Canada Montreal office (onsite)
- Start Date: January 29th, 2024
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.