About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Process supplier requests, invoices and schedule weekly payment runs in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. Assist with reconciling company credit cards. Distribute USPS mail sent to the finance department to the accurate personnel. Use office-automated systems to input data and generate reports.
What you'll do:
- Providing accounting and clerical support to Finance Department and supervisor.
- Provide assistance to employees for Accounts Payable related questions.
- Research, track, and resolve Accounts Payable problems.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling supplier accounts and monthly supplier statements.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
- Understand ledger accounts and cost centers.
- Manage assigned supplier invoices to ensure on time processing and payment.
- Serve as first point of contact for Accounting/Finance Department telephone calls, walk-ins, etc., and provide knowledgeable service. Refer difficult questions to the appropriate personnel.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and work with Admin team to ensure goods receipts are completed in a timely manner.
- Reconcile Purchasing credit card transactions to ensure proper entry and accounting in the company’s accounting software.
- Manage the setup of new suppliers in the accounting software.
- Ensure USPS mail is distributed to the correct team or individual.
- Complete assigned activities in the monthly financial close process.
- Reconcile assigned ledger accounts monthly.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Associate degree in Accounting or minimum 2 years work experience in an accounts payable or bookkeeping role.
- 2+ years of experience working in an accounting office or bookkeeping position.
- Excellent analytical, computational, and mathematical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build trust and strong working relationships and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that do not comply with protocol.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
- Experience with Accounting Software within Workday.
- Experience working with vendors regarding 1099 tax classifications.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.