Customer Care Associate
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous robotics solutions. Our current product, Neo, is a fully autonomous floor scrubbing robot deployed and trusted by the world’s leading facilities and building services companies- and we aren’t stopping there! We are dedicated to continuously innovate, both on our current product and developing new solutions. Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada and Chicago USA, Avidbots is a rapidly growing technology company, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Deloitte's Fast 500. Take a look at what Neo can do!
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Care Associate to join us on our journey of bringing robots to everyday life. This role is responsible for providing great customer care to our clients across the world, by assisting remotely with robot deployment and ongoing online support. Our Customer Care Associates create cleaning plans (detailed cleaning instructions for each robot) and monitor the performance of robots in the field to ensure we are providing the best experience for our customers.
This role reports to the Sr Manager, Customer Operations.
- Supervise our fleet of deployed robots remotely identifying issues and resolving them using our internal tools
- Record and document remote monitoring events (filing fault reports, etc.)
- Investigate and suggest improvements to internal tools and other processes
- Interface with sales and deployment teams to create and customize “cleaning plans” for our robots
- Receive and solve customer queries and issues via phone calls
- Interact with customers (as required) and understand customer-specific standards/preferences
- Excellent English language skills (native or advanced)
- Availability to work 24/7 on weekly rotating shifts including weekends
- Experience with basic issue trackers and other office admin tools
- Bachelor's degree. Preferred in B.Tech, BSc or relevant experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working with similar robotics fleet management systems.
- Experience with software testing, bug reporting, etc.
- Enjoy working in a small team with big dreams.
Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/ life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.