Senior Full Stack Developer
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous cleaning robotic solutions to unlock humanity’s potential. Neo is our current groundbreaking autonomous floor scrubbing robot that enhances facility cleanliness around the world empowering reallocation of human capital to higher priority focuses… and we’re just getting started!
Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, we are an employee-focused organization that has been certified a Great Place to Work® consecutively for the last 4 years and one of Deloitte's Fast 500 (2021).
Now is your opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company built on teamwork, innovation, and boundless ambition!
This opportunity is a hybrid position based in proximity to our Kitchener HQ
How you will make a difference
- Develop Full stack applications the front-end, the back-end, databases and RESTful APIs
- Collaborate with other developers to build and release applications
- Design the technical specification to match product requirements and technical needs
- Design and implement the processes, tools and automation for automated tests, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and monitoring for our web applications
- Improve development processes, programming practices and do code reviews
- Design and implement scalable, secure and efficient cloud and on-premise platforms
- Participate in Dev-Ops activities
- Monitor and troubleshoot system issues
- Mentor junior level developers
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will work together with the Web Team to build and scale modern web applications in their full stack, including front-end, back-end, data storage and cloud architecture. You will contribute to bring value to the Command Center, our cloud platform where our users can manage robots remotely and visualize reports. You are eager to deliver high quality solutions by understanding agile development, collaborating with the team, and writing high-class and testable code.
This is a great opportunity for you to work in something innovative and with new technologies. Since we are a rapidly scaling company, you will be wearing many hats. You will be working alongside an experienced team of robotics veterans, software engineers, hardware engineers and product managers to help you along the way.
- 5-8 years of experience with software development
- 3+ years of experience with full stack web development
- BASc. or Graduate degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or significant relevant work experience
- Familiarity with Web frontend frameworks (Angular)
- Solid experience with databases (MariaDB, MySQL, Redis)
- Solid experience with web servers (Nginx, Apache)
- Solid experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Solid experience with Kubernetes
- Passion for coaching & mentoring
Nice to have:
- Experience with production infrastructure in Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
- Knowledge of dependency management, tool-kits and system buildings for web applications (npm, apt, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
- Self-driven and self-motivated, get things done
- You have passion for what you do
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada for any employer
CAD: Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.
Upon request, Avidbots will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.