Senior Technical Product Manager, Data (Remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager, Data, who lives and breathes data to join our growing Technical Product Management team. This is a challenging, impactful, and highly collaborative position that sits at the interface of Product, Science, Engineering, and ML. Reporting to the Director of Technical Product Management, you will translate the platform vision and define the direction across our teams to build and maintain BenchSci's internal system of record and data infrastructure. BenchSci is a scientific data company, and you will help pave the path towards realizing our mission of bringing medicines to patients 50% faster by 2025.
- Develop strategy and roadmap for internal data components, including the structured extracted information (system of record), ML and data pipelines that ladder up to the company strategy
- Translate business objectives into technical requirements and related resources
- Work with Engineering to plan, prioritize, and build updating and launching data components rapidly
- Partner with team members across the Platform Stream including the SVP of Product and Science, SVP of Technology, VP of Science, and VP of Engineering/ML, as well as other representatives from science, bioinformatics, data engineering, and machine learning experts, and product management peers to promote complex releases enabled by internal data components
- Help define, develop, and optimize best practices in Technical Product Management, as well as serve as a mentor to junior TPMs
- Measure and report essential metrics to internal stakeholders to demonstrate the value created by the team
- Have 5+ years as a Product Manager on SaaS enterprise products or platforms with technically complex infrastructures
- A proven track record in bringing clarity to a complex domain and driving agreement between technical and data teams, and the business
- Experience working on scientifically-informed data and products
- Experience and knowledge of Biological Sciences (e.g., Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, etc.) or equivalent
- Solid familiarity with data pipelines and working with modern data infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, data processing engines such as Spark or Beam, massively scalable databases such as Redshift or BigQuery)
- Successfully taken new features from conception through launch to adoption, engagement, and retention
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes over outputs
- Experience in enterprise client-facing roles is ideal; however, experience working directly with highly technical stakeholders is required
- A data-informed decision-making process with the ability to identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions from that data
- Familiarity with ML/AI/LLM technologies and models is a big plus
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Amounts are subject to change for start dates in 2024.
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.