Full Stack Developer - SENIOR
Location: Montreal or Quebec city only
We are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Senior Developer to join our Engineering team. Someone who excels with both front and back-end programming, all in Typescript. The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture, along with scalable backend code, on his own, from Day-1.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will both jump in current initiatives, and will lead a project from conception to final product, requiring excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Full autonomy and creativity are super important in our team. You will be expected to solve challenging problems on your own. It sounds rough - but that’s how we succeed.
- Own the products and understand the requirements to ensure fast and accurate development of new or better features
- Write unit and end-to-end tests for mission-critical features
- Clean up technical dept while keeping a forefront view
- Get in touch with the community and come up with new ideas to make the Botpress products a success
- Build tools, write code, and contribute to product development to resolve all issues
- Contribute to product documentation
A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in software development or programming in a similar environment
- 5+ years of professional experience with: Typescript, React.js, Node, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- A confirmed interest and experience in Conversational AI, voice- and chat-based user experiences
- Well-organized, excellent work ethic, pays attention to detail, and self-starting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup and passionate about improving technical abilities
You will join a team of ambitious individuals passionate about speed of execution, data-driven decisions, and, obviously, chatbots.
- You will contribute to the growth of one of the most popular AI chatbot dev tool in the world.
- Top-tier health benefits and access to telemedicine for you and your family.
- Flexibility to work remotely.
- 3 weeks vacation per year + 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year.
- Competitive compensation, because that matters as well.
- All kinds of other little perks ;)
Why join Botpress
Apart from joining an awesome team of talented, fast-moving, and cutting edge developers, you’ll be working with/on:
- A popular open-source project built for developers
- A modern stack used by hundreds of thousands of developers
- A product used by startups, schools, nonprofits, and Fortune 500 companies
- A backend runtime built for performance and deployment simplicity
- A frontend application that devs like just as much as VS Code
- A machine learning pipeline that evolves every single week
- A data-science problem that has not been solved yet
- A cloud infrastructure that serves billions of API calls
- A developer community with thousands of members
- A company crazy enough to compete directly with Google and Microsoft
- A workplace that is distributed and remote-first
- A group of like-minded investors and advisors that has funded, built and scaled similar companies such as Elastic, Mongo, Snyk, Influx, Algolia, Twilio, and Databricks.