Sales Account Executive
Canvass AI - Industrial AI Built for Industrial Engineers
At Canvass, we are disrupting the way industrial operational data is being used to make critical business decisions. Our disruptive, leading edge AI-powered platform, transforms plant operations, giving predictive insights that enable autonomous operations.
Canvass AI software platform is empowering industrial companies to transform industrial engineers into digital engineers who are driving data driven decisions in day to day operations. Canvass customers include leading energy, manufacturing, and mining companies around the globe.
We’re an agile scale-up with the operational intelligence of a global business. As we accelerate rapidly, we are constantly looking for driven and ambitious innovators to join our team.
What You’ll Do
Canvass AI is seeking an Account Executive, a true hunter who wants to join our team and expand the business globally. This is an individual contributor position, newly added for business expansion.
- You will be identifying, negotiating and closing big deals in industrial market. You will be comfortable presenting Canvass’s value proposition and business case to the C-Executive Suite as well as the technical users.
- You will be called upon to utilize superior salesmanship to develop sales opportunities and identify the necessary decision makers and champions of the prospective deal.
- You will listen, identify and understand customer needs and deliver to their expectations. You will be able to build relationships with multiple stakeholders and influence them in a positive way.
- You will actively seek out new sales leads and business opportunities through active networking and utilizing business referrals.
- You are hugely curious will constantly look for ways to enhance your knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to provide that sales edge needed to close business and generate revenue. Keep learning AND be curious: we are constantly looking for ways to enhance knowledge of our industry, market and competitors to provide the sales edge to close business and generate revenue.
- You will seek feedback at every opportunity so you can be the best you can be. You will seek this from leaders, peers and clients. We do the right thing always and take extreme pride in who we are, what we build and what we do. AND, we are led by character.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- You are one to the top 10% of the sales people in your current company/division. You are able to teach, tailor and take control of the sales cycle in a professional way. You are someone who pursues your passions with energy and commitment. We never, ever give up.
- Fast learner; You are incredibly fast learner (we are in a market ready to change very fast and you have to be nimble of mind to keep up). You have the intelligence to evolve to customer pain and map to customer personas and use cases. You will quickly learn our product, competition, processes, methodologies and how to build business cases mapped to successful business outcomes.
- Persistence, Heart and Desire. You will actively seek out new sales leads and business opportunities through active networking, partners and utilizing business referrals. You will be called upon to utilize superior salesmanship to develop sales opportunities and identify the necessary decision makers and influencers of the prospective deal. get a thrill from pursuing the close which also means you are calm under pressure and can make sound decisions quickly. The confidence in our product and our company just makes it easier for you.
- Coachability and Adaptability: You believe in following a process because it works and changing it up when it doesn’t. You want to contribute to building tactics and refining our processes for repeatable success. Being familiar with MEDDICC and Challenger Sales is a plus.
- Integrity: You will seek feedback at every opportunity so you can be the best you can be. You will seek this from leaders, peers and clients. We do the right thing always and take extreme pride in who we are, what we build and what we do.
- Curiosity: You are hugely curious will constantly look for ways to enhance your knowledge of our industry, market, and competitors to provide that sales edge needed to close business and generate revenue. You will keep asking the customer questions and gain validation of what you heard throughout the customer journey. Keep learning. AND be curious: we are constantly looking for ways to enhance knowledge of our industry, market and competitors to provide the sales edge to close business and generate revenue.
- You love the Digital Transformation Revolution You understand challenging the status quo will provide positive business impact to all functions of an organization is critical.
- 5+ years success in industrial or enterprise software sales or business technology products and services.
- Experience with and understanding of AI and Machine Learning is highly favorable.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- "Data" experience – big data, analytics, data science, machine learning, data integration
- Experience with selling within Industrial Manufacturing is a plus.
- Background in selling innovation and new concepts to large Enterprises
- Ability to travel 10 to 40%
- Software scale up experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
What’s in it for you
You want to join a company that’s at the forefront of leading edge technology and you want to be the person that takes us there and captures massive market share. You want to be part of an ambitious, successful team that is rapidly scaling up, that gives you room to grow and recognition as you close new accounts. With a shorter-than-usual sales cycle for enterprise, you will reap the rewards of your efforts with uncapped commission and great incentive targets.
Some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team include:
- Inclusive culture, open to ideas
- Generous time off, including vacation and personal days to help rejuvenate
- Extended health benefits, including drug coverage, dental coverage, and a Health Spending Account
- Flexible office policy, with options to work remotely
- Attend Conferences to extend your knowledge and skills
- Company-provided MacBooks and standing desks
- Top technology and tools to excel at your role
- Equity Plan
Why Join Canvass?
Canvass Analytics is using AI to automate operations for the Industrial sector. We are changing the way industry thinks and uses AI, and it’s getting noticed everywhere. We’ve been recognized by Network World as a Top 10 Hot AI-Powered IoT Startups and by Canadian Innovation Exchange as a Top 20 Most Innovative Canadian Company. Canvass is backed by Google’s Gradient Ventures and Yamaha Ventures.
What's it like working at Canvass
This is a place where everyone is all in. From the CEO to the newest hire, we all pitch in where needed and do what it takes. We are a relatively flat organization where everyone is invited to the table, to listen in and be part of the conversation and decisions. We have an inclusive culture.
Something looks off?