Regional Medical Director, New York
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are currently looking for a Regional Medical Director (Mid Atlantic) to join the Clinical Leadership Team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. The position is responsible for in-person clinics and the telemedicine side of the business. It will be based out of our New York office, and requires you to be in-person at our clinic location at least 2 days per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversees the daily workflow of our providers at the New York location and Telemedicine Providers based in our Mid-Atlantic region.
- Assist the clinical leadership team with the development and implementation of clinical workflows to ensure quality medical care is consistently delivered by Providers
- Identify Provider gaps in knowledge and assist in the development of training materials
- Perform routine chart reviews to ensure Provider documentation is consistent with Circle Medical’s quality standards
- Assist in the development and implementation of key metric monitoring and meet with underperforming Providers to address strategies for improvement
- Collaborate with supporting teams to address clinical grievances and incident reports pertaining to patient care and conduct coaching sessions with Providers as needed; report progress/ concerns back to the Executive Clinical Leadership team with actionable insights and plans
- Communicate appropriately and tactfully with staff, consultants, patients, and the community.
- Participate in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
- Perform quarterly on-site visits to our Mid-Atlantic regional locations (TBD, but currently includes Boston, MA; Marlton, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; ) and identify areas for improvement to Executive Leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Address patients’ clinical concerns via chat, or if indicated via video visit or phone call (symptom reporting, medication refills, lab clarification).
- Address critical lab/imaging results with patients via chat or video visits. Re-route medications to pharmacies (including controlled substances) as needed.
- Assist with clinical operational tasks such as referrals, lab/imaging orders, provider letters, and medical forms.
- Maintain continuity of care with your existing patient panel (10 hours of direct patient care per week)
- Assist with provider coverage tasks including four dedicated hours per week supporting the Clinical Operations team.
- Other duties as assigned
Primary Care Provider Duties:
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Workspace
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Board Certified MD or DO
- Minimum of 3 years of primary care experience
- At least 1 year of management/supervisory or coaching experience
- Active license in NY; willingness to obtain licenses for states in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Active NY DEA with all schedules and in good standing; eligible to obtain additional DEAs for states in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Willingness to learn how to diagnose and treat a variety of adult/primary care conditions
- Telemedicine/remote clinical experience preferred
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC-funded companies
- Experience in the role of Medical Director
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $174,000 to $190,000 plus, generous vacation, and full medical/dental benefits, and 401K with company matching.
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
See more open positions at Circle Medical
Something looks off?