Credentialing & Licensing Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
More about us can be found on our website!
We are looking for a Credentialing and Licensing Specialist who will report to the Director of Compliance & Policy. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. This position is hybrid based out of our office in San Francisco, California, and working in-office a minimum of 4 days per month.
As the Credentialing and Licensing Specialist, you will serve as a subject matter expert regarding healthcare regulatory requirements across all 50 states and will support the Director of Compliance & Policy in the continued development and operation of the credentialing and licensure program. In addition, you will monitor the credential and licensure status of our providers and be proactive in having them renewed before their expiration date and provide credentialing support and leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Track credentialing and licensing status for our providers
- Implement and manage an effective credentialing and licensure program
- Lead and monitor all credentialing, re-credentialing, and provider enrollment processes
- Maintain a database of provider certifications and renewal dates
- Confirm that provider credentials match the requirements of their job
- Help providers renew their credentials on time by finding test dates and locations
- Ensure staff coordination and administration of the credentialing and licensing process for certified staff and providers
- Assist with cross-state licensure process
- Review, analyze and create practitioner credentialing applications, privileging forms, and standardized communications in an effort to improve communication and compliance
- Identify and communicate all concerns regarding practitioner credentialing and enrollment to appropriate parties; follow up when necessary to ensure affected parties and departments are notified of concerns in an appropriate time frame
- Develop and review company policies
- Communicate with government agencies
- Other duties as assigned by management
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2+ years of credentialing experience with medical staff
- At least six months in a health-tech environment OR 2 years in a traditional healthcare environment
- The ability to think logically and analytically to problem-solve on a daily basis.
- Have emotional intelligence and the ability to possess self-awareness and base decisions on your analysis of facts.
- Advanced research and google search capabilities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to make sound business decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of the clinical, healthcare, and telemedicine standards, regulations, and medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, as well as auditory
- Familiarity with healthcare, telehealth, and regulatory terminology.
- Professional integrity to adhere to professional confidentiality standards in accordance with HIPAA, legal, ethical, and company policies
- Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts quickly and under deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills to exercise sound independent judgment and discretion in applying departmental policies and procedures while handling confidential medical staff, risk management, and peer review information.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Proven track record with other startups or VC-funded companies
- Experience in healthcare & health-tech environments
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field preferred
- Experience working remotely
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location, output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual compensation of $64,500 - $65,700 USD plus, generous vacation, full medical/dental benefits, and 401K.
- Flexible vacation, eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid Holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Full medical/dental benefits, enhancing local provincial coverage + life & disability
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.