Regional Medical Director, New York (MD/DO)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are currently looking for a Regional Medical Director (Mid Atlantic) to join the Clinical Leadership Team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. This position will be based out of our New York office, and requires you to be in-person at our clinic location at least 2 days per week in-person.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for general oversight and clinical quality for outpatient care delivered in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Participate in clinical review committee(s) to ensure provider documentation and delivery of care in the Pacific region is consistent with Circle Medical’s quality standards
- Identify provider gaps in knowledge and assist in the development of training materials
- Monitor key clinical quality metrics and meet with underperforming providers to address strategies for improvement
- Assist the clinical leadership team with the development, implementation and auditing of clinical workflows to ensure consistency of quality, evidence-based medical care
- Collaborate with supporting teams to address clinical grievances and incident reports pertaining to patient care; review incidents and follow up with providers as needed; report progress and/or concerns back to the Clinical Leadership team with actionable insights and plans
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring candidates across all clinic teams
- Hold clinical office hours (1-2 hrs per week) to educate and inform other Circle Medical providers, who may bring specific clinical questions regarding standards of care and/or Circle Medical evidence-based medicine (EBM) guidelines.
- Serve as a collaborating/supervising physician in accordance with respective state regulations for advanced practice providers at our New York flagship location, which includes chart review, clinical guidance, and performance management
- Oversee patient and provider grievance requests (the “reported patient” list) by working with compliance team to ensure all patient discharges are in compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Communicate appropriately and tactfully with staff, consultants, patients, and the community
- Participate in staff, planning, in-service, and other meetings as needed.
- Perform quarterly on-site visits to our Mid-Atlantic regional locations (TBD, but currently includes Boston, MA; Marlton, NJ; Philadelphia, PA) and identify areas for improvement to Clinical and Executive Leadership
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Provide and manage a panel of patients, both in-person and via telemedicine (12 hours of direct patient care per week)
- Address patients’ clinical concerns via chat, or if indicated, via video visit or phone call (symptom reporting, medication refills, lab clarification)
- Address critical lab/imaging results with patients via chat or video visits
- Re-route medications to pharmacies (including controlled substances) as needed
- Assist with clinical operational tasks such as referrals, lab/imaging orders, provider letters, and medical forms
- Assist with provider coverage tasks including four dedicated hours per week supporting the Clinical Operations team
- Other duties as assigned
Primary Care Provider Duties
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Workspace
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Board Certified MD/DO
- Active DEA certification in all licensed states
- Minimum of 5 years of primary care experience
- At least 2-3 years of management/supervisory or coaching experience
- Active license in NY; willingness to obtain licenses for states in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Active NY DEA with all schedules and in good standing; eligible to obtain additional DEAs for states in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Willingness to learn how to diagnose and treat a variety of adult/primary care conditions
- Telemedicine/remote clinical experience preferred
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC-funded companies
- Experience in the role of Medical Director
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $268,500 to $322,200 plus, generous vacation, and full medical/dental benefits, and 401K with company matching.
- PTO eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid Holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Full medical/dental benefits, enhancing local provincial coverage + life & disability
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.