Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
More about us can be found on our website!
We are seeking a talented Engineering Manager to lead our growing team of engineers and ensure the successful delivery of our mission. As an Engineering Manager your primary goal will be to ensure your team delivers impactful work, reliably. You will be responsible for managing software development projects, overseeing the development process, mentoring team members, and hiring.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team, including planning, prioritizing, and allocating work.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to deliver impactful work.
- Build and maintain a positive team culture that promotes our core values.
- Develop and implement engineering processes and methodologies to improve efficiency and quality.
- Monitor project timelines and ensure that deliverables are completed on time.
- Work with the Product Managers to translate product requirements into engineering specifications.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure that code is of high quality, maintainable, and scalable.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Hire new engineering talent.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing a team of engineers.
- Experience with our Tech Stack (React/Ruby)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Experience in health tech or related industry.
- Experience with Startups / VC funded companies
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location (San Francisco, Montreal, or International Remote Contract), output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position starting with an annual base salary of $166,000 and $200,000, plus generous vacation, fully paid medical health insurance, and dental & vision benefits.
- Flexible vacation, eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid national holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Full medical/dental benefits, enhancing local provincial coverage + life & disability
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.