Clinic Manager, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
We are an evidence-based practice utilizing our evolving technology to ensure the highest level of quality primary care. Providers are supported by a strong team of remote care coordinators and licensed medical staff who work to ensure patients get the care and follow-up they need. We require a high degree of technical skill utilizing software and an open mind to fast-paced improvements driven by our technical team.
As Clinic Manager, you will play a pivotal role in delivering excellent medical care and helping us scale to the next level.
More about us can be found on our website.
This onsite role is an integral part of delivering on our mission’s promise for a delightful patient experience by using our proprietary technology stack. Your role is to provide operational leadership for our flagship clinic(s) and own their Profit & Loss and Net Promoter scores. To succeed in this role, you must have in-depth knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical terminologies.
You will be responsible for creating employee work schedules, monitoring budgets, maintaining records, inventory, and ensuring compliance with state laws and regulations while providing direct supervision to our front desk team. Moreover, you will work closely with other teams (Operations, Provider Support, Care Coordinators, Telemedicine providers, Growth and more) to ensure consummate quality patient care. The ideal candidate will be professional and courteous, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We offer the opportunity to work on a fast-paced team that is revolutionizing primary care with a focus on growth. This is a salaried position and it is not uncommon to have project-based work that extends beyond 40-hrs.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You excel at working both independently and within a team.
- You embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a master of asynchronous communication with patients and team members.
- You have a passion for improving access to care and supporting the practice of evidence-based medicine.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to convey complex information, instructions, and guidelines in a clear, concise, and specific manner, and to influence and persuade all levels of staff.
- Clinic management experience, with expertise in scheduling, customer-service methods, incident reporting, and information technology.
- Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Preference for clinical experience in order to conduct skills evaluations and participate in the development of staff training programs for providers and support staff
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Patient experience:
- Develop and execute creative methods for delivering on the promise of our mission to create a delightful patient experience
- Maintain a minimum NPS of 80
- Reduce conflict and increase patient satisfaction whenever possible through timely response to patient phone calls, chats and tasks.
- Conduct the basic functions of a medical assistant as needed
- People Management:
- Address issues raised by providers, staff, patients and build a culture of trust and collective problem-solving
- Recruit, onboard and coordinate the training of new staff members
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Develop work schedules for all employees, maintain google calendar, and OOO schedule.
- Develop protocols and procedures to improve staff productivity.
- Coordinate staff training and development
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Manage the physical space, including access, furniture and signage
- Maintain facility permits, certifications and registrations renewed and updated
- Ensure general safety, security, organization and maintenance of the entire clinic environment
- Utilize metrics to evaluate efficiency and identify areas for improvement
- Oversee inventory management to ensure system maintenance and efficiency.
- Oversee the laboratory department and ensure proper maintenance, procedures and compliance
- Keep records of all expenses and recommend techniques to reduce costs.
- Negotiate recurring vendor contracts and other ad hoc office needs (cleaning, painting, repairs).
- Engage in future planning and scale employees and equipment appropriately
- Other duties as assigned and in alignment with the role.
- At least 2 years people management or supervisory experience
- 2 years experience in a healthcare administration position or 2 years experience in retail, hotel, hospitality management
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical terminology.
- Problem-solver with good time-management abilities.
- Experience with administrative and accounting processes is a plus.
- Must be able to supply proof of FDA approved COVID Vaccination
- Must be able to work out of our clinic location in San Francisco, CA daily, M-F, at least 8AM to 5PM PDT with occasional Saturday coverage.
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location, output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position starting with an annual base salary of $94,000 - $112,000 plus, stock options, generous vacation, full medical/dental benefits, 401K, and more.
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.