Director, Revenue Cycle Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Circle Medical is the fastest growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are currently looking for a Director, Revenue Cycle Management to join the team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. This position may be based near one of our offices in New York, San Francisco, or be remote in the U.S. for the right candidate.
As Director, Revenue Cycle Management, you will work closely with and report to our CFO, and manage all functions of the organization’s medical billing and revenue cycle to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external health plan/payor relations. The revenue cycle manager will contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle function, provide analysis, create written processes, and train others in implementing a cross-functional revenue cycle team. Our managers thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with wearing multiple hats to ensure smooth sailing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the financial operations related to the revenue cycle which include the following:
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize revenue cycle and maximize revenue generation
- Manage and lead revenue cycle team including Billing and coding manager, Patient billing manager
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations and guidelines such as HIPAA and CMS billing requirements
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with Commercial Payors to facilitate timely and accurate reimbursement
- Monitor and Analyze KPIs related to revenue cycle performance such as days in AR, denial rates and cash collections
- Manage EHR/Medical billing Partner, holding them accountable to contract obligations, and SLAs
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in revenue cycle operations
- Providing training and education to staff on revenue cycle processes, policies and procedures
- Conducting regular audits to ensure accuracy of billing practices and no revenue leakage
- Oversee Weekly billing processes, including reporting and account balancing
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Must have excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and the desire and ability to learn and move quickly
- Knowledge and experience working with big commercial payers
- Knowledge of professional fee billing, reimbursement, third-party payer regulation, and medical terminology is required
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to health care operations and their impact on operations
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make timely decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated coding and billing knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience with the provider payor credentialing process
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC funded companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of medical billing experience
- The ability to coordinate and negotiate rates and contracts on behalf of Circle Medical with commercial payers
- Command of revenue cycle management principles, including working knowledge of cash posting processes, medical record guidelines, coding, and accounts receivable follow-up (e.g. HCPCS, CPT, ICD codes)
- Manager/supervisory experience is a big plus
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on location (New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles), output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range between $140,000 and $168,000 USD plus, generous stock options, vacation, full medical/dental benefits, and more.
- Flexible vacation, eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid Holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Full medical/dental benefits, enhancing local provincial coverage + life & disability
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.