Primary Care Provider, New Graduate (MD/DO)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
About Circle Medical
Circle Medical is the fastest-growing telemedicine provider in the US and has seen incredible growth of over 200% per year in each of the previous two years.
Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are currently looking for physicians passionate about transforming healthcare. Our ideal candidate is someone willing to think outside the box of the traditional healthcare model. This role is specifically for new graduates of an accredited primary care institution with less than 3 years of post-graduate experience. We are constantly searching for exceptional talent to join our team. This position will be located at our flagship office location in San Francisco.
Who You Are
- Passionate about transforming healthcare and able to think outside the box of the traditional healthcare model
- Excited about the idea of leveraging technology to deliver high-quality, patient-centric primary care and helping craft the operational model
- Eager to provide an amazing customer service experience with a high level of attention to our patients' needs
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Join an elite group of newly graduated primary care clinicians who are excited about leveraging technology to deliver high-quality, patient-centric primary care in an outpatient clinic setting
- Attend weekly cooperative group learning sessions designed to give you real-world insights into primary care basics, such as fostering the patient-provider relationship
- Participate in educational discussions dedicated to primary care topics, including journal club and complex case management
- Learn clinical pearls related to examining patients, deciphering diagnostic tests, making diagnoses, and developing care plans based on deductive reasoning
- Build your patient panel with a particular focus on preventative screening, behavioral health, and common primary care issues
- Perform procedures such as immunizations, cryotherapy, pap smears, and Nexplanon insertion/removal
- Consult and collaborate with other experienced healthcare professionals in a collegial setting
- Provide general health education to patients within primary care scope of practice, such as prevention, lifestyle modifications, family planning, and health maintenance
- Communicate with patients in person, via chat, and occasionally by phone regarding treatment and/or diagnostic test results
- Detect changes in patients’ health and modify treatment plan as needed
- Maintain thorough documentation of patient examinations, diagnoses, and treatments
- Prescribe medication to the extent allowable by state and federal guidelines and within company policy
- Intended learning, development, and mentorship length is 6 months to one year
WHAT YOU WLL BRING
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to provide compassionate care to individuals of all backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Degree from an accredited MD/DO program
- Board Certified
- Active California license
- Active DEA registration (including schedule II)
- Basic Life Support CPR certification
- Training in a primary care setting
- Interest in transforming healthcare by leveraging technology
- Desire to be an active member of a team dedicated to improving healthcare delivery and accessibility
- Able to communicate asynchronously with patients and team members
- Confidence to navigate change and embrace variability
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and patient body fluids
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $180,000 to $189,000 plus generous vacation, and full medical/dental benefits and 401K with company matching.
Additional Benefits (original)
- Accrued vacation, eligibility after 90-days
- Plus 10 annual paid Holidays
- $500 annual education and development reimbursement
- Full medical/dental benefits, enhancing local provincial coverage + life & disability
- Wellness perks, including discounts for mental health programs and online wellness courses
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.