Director, Product Design
At Clutch, we are reinventing the way Canadians buy and own cars. We had enough of traditional dealerships that took advantage of customers and knew that we could build an incredible car-buying experience while leaving a positive impact on the communities we serve. Recently named one of the Fastest Growing Canadian Companies by the Globe & Mail and one of the Top Canadian Startups by LinkedIn, we're looking to add to our great team of people who embrace hard things, think like owners, and love to help their teammates.
We pride ourselves on our high-quality certified vehicles, great prices, and customer experience. By visiting clutch.ca, customers can browse a large selection of high-quality vehicles, buy a car that's right for them, and enjoy seamless delivery - all from the comfort of their home.
Founded in 2016, Clutch is headquartered in Toronto and services Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Prince Edward Island. It is backed by a number of world-class investors including D1 Capital Partners, Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital, and Azure Capital Partners.
About the Role
Clutch is growing and scaling rapidly and we are looking for a Director, Product Design to lead our Product Design team. The Director of Product Design will play a crucial role in growing and managing a team across both Product and Visual Design. This is a unique opportunity to lead a web and mobile experience that promotes transparency and usability in an industry where customers experience the opposite.
What You'll Do
- Be a player-coach, someone who still loves to design, but also structure design systems & manage teams
- Lead the quality of the user experience across the website and internal tools while advocating for design decisions among internal teams
- Lead teams from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Individually contribute as needed alongside your team, bringing new ideas to the table as well as laying foundations to set the standard for best design practices in the company
- Implement repeatable, scalable UX research processes, fitted for a high-output and fast paced environment
- Work closely with our software engineering, data team, and product team to build and plan roadmaps with integration schedules, guiding consistency along the way
- Lead the development of UI library elements, modules, components
- Anticipate design trends and propose and build innovative solutions ahead of market with a data driven mindset
- Manage a team of designers at varying levels, mentoring both performance and growth, while assisting in the recruitment process to onboard new talent
All About You
- 5+ years of cumulative product design leadership experience at a digital product organization or consultancy with an emphasis on web and mobile design
- Experience running and growing a product design team with 2 or more direct reports
- You’re able to guide design strategy at a 30,000 foot view while balancing being in the weeds and giving direct critiques and producing designs yourself
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- A track record of leading design for successful launches across mobile and web ranging from MVPs to polished releases
- Comfortable balancing design that promote growth and drive business impact with experiences that adhere to longer-term brand and experience strategies
- Nice to have: Experience designing for a consumer facing product or e-commerce
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & Ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Health & Dental Benefits
Clutch is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. If you require accommodation at any stage of the interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.