Senior Content Writer (6 month contract)
Are you a passionate wordsmith who is looking to join a growing startup? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on.
In this role, you’ll quickly learn about our positioning and messaging, customers, and solution, and combine that knowledge to create content that’s informative, relevant, and shares the unique FundThrough perspective. You’re an exceptional communicator and writer and have a basic understanding of the role content plays throughout the marketing funnel.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium-sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience copywriting for B2B, ideally fintech, technology, or finance (either in-house, at an agency, or on a freelance basis)
- Knowledge or willingness to learn to use AI content writing tools
- Comfortable writing both actionable short-form and long-form content from either a brief or your own ideas
- Have a basic understanding of on-page SEO principles
- Have an eye for detail and consistently turn in polished work
- Able to work independently, but also knows when and how to collaborate effectively within the team as well as cross-functionally
- A lifelong learner, ready to learn about our industry and how we approach funding small businesses
- Able to see a project through to completion with minimal intervention
- Passionate about helping small businesses grow and exhilarated by the fast-pace of a growing startup
- Bonus points if you have experience creating lifecycle marketing content and/or product marketing content, such as emails, help articles, sales collateral, and in-app messaging.
- Create content that drives demand and brand awareness across a variety of marketing channels - particularly through blog content, omnichannel partner marketing campaigns, downloadable assets, landing pages, email newsletters, and more
- Learn to use our AI writing tool to create content quickly and edit it with additional first-hand information and the unique FundThrough perspective in collaboration with the Sr. Content Marketing Manager
- Refer to past examples and the wealth of real-time data and user research we have to inform what you say and how you say it in your content
- Be easy to work with and a clear communicator by getting the right people involved in the review process and being able to take - and give - constructive feedback
- Meet deadlines you set with us on time
- Ensure a cohesive narrative across multiple channels with our brand voice
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world that’s fun to work with
- Competitive compensation
- Family-friendly policies
- Work from home
- Birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment. FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
FundThrough has an office located in downtown Toronto that we encourage FundThrough'ers to use. This role is open to being fully remote or hybrid.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
Something looks off?