The Senior Accountant will be an integral part of the Finance team and will report directly to the Director of Finance, Controller.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium-sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Owns the company’s accounting function including preparing and reviewing journal entries, month-end accruals, account reconciliations, transfer pricing and consolidation
- Responsible for the month-end close process and for producing monthly financial statements and is the point person for the company’s external audit
- Collaborates with the Strategic Finance team to support external reporting
- Manages the internal accounting policies and processes for adherence to applicable accounting standards
- Leads the Company’s compliance reporting in the USA and Canada
- Assists in the training and supervision of team members
- Key role in the day-to-day financial operations of the company
- Works with the Director of Finance, CFO & Strategic Finance on ad hoc projects as needed
Our ideal fit:
- Passion for our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive
- A candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career by growing their responsibilities and helping take the finance team to the next level
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects
- Drives process improvements and utilizes automation
- Curious, not afraid to ask questions, and thinks outside of the box
- An exceptional communicator with strong integrity
- Likes to take initiative and has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting position
- CPA designation or late stages of CPA in progress
- Google + Excel sheet wizard
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with databases and queries (using SQL) and Periscope
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is an asset
- Highly organized and reliable, with an eye for detail
- Experience managing or leading teams would be advantageous
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. This role is open to being fully remote or hybrid.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.