VP/Head of Credit & Risk
Are you a seasoned credit and risk professional with a passion for leveraging the best of both worlds between human and technology based resources? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small business owners? If so, read on. The VP/Head of Credit & Risk will work closely with our COO leading a team to build and optimize our risk-management strategies surrounding credit, compliance, fraud and funding risk. You will define our overall risk strategy, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure repeatability & scalability.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Lead a team of highly motivated individuals to build and optimize our risk-management strategies pertaining to: credit; fraud; compliance and factoring / funding risk.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk-management policies and procedures both cross functionally and at a leadership level.
- Engage and collaborate with Data Science and Analytics teams to develop models that drive growth while managing risk..
- Ensure the appropriate combination of human and machine decisioning is in place as needed in the onboarding, monitoring, client nurturing and collections processes.
- Guide strategy in partnership with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to identify and use external data and automation to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Effectively communicate & receive buy-in from cross functional partners (Client Success, Sales, Engineering, Data, and Product) to ensure risk strategies are developed, implemented and understood by all relevant parties.