Security Engineering Manager, Cloud Security - Remote
The Engineering Manager - Cloud Security is a critical role within League’s security team. This role offers you the opportunity to mentor, coach, and lead a motivated team of security engineers, shape the long-term vision for Cloud and DevOps security, and realize the cross-functional roadmap in partnership with League’s engineering organization.
As Engineering Manager - Cloud Security, you are responsible for a security engineering team focused on implementing and maintaining security tools and controls that all League systems will utilize. You have a strong technical background which allows you to engage in architecture recommendations and occasional design reviews. You collaborate with leaders across the company to align on your team’s priorities, objectives, processes and deliverables. You foster an environment of technical excellence, collaboration and career growth.
In this role, you will:
- Foster a culture of secure-by-design into our technologies and organization.
- Actively improve the security of applications, infrastructure, and cloud that support business goals
- Support security reviews and provide recommendations that are inline with League’s security best practices.
- Work with Engineering leaders and stakeholders to identify dependencies and support the successful delivery of our product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering teams to integrate security testing early in the software development process.
- Oversee and manage a team of League security engineers
- Deploy and manage security tools and manage escalations as required
- Work as part of a cross functional guild to develop and maintain security policies, procedures and standards
- Hire and nurture security engineers through mentorship and career advocacy. Provide goals, career paths, promotion guidance, and motivation to your direct reports
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security technologies. Recommend and implement as appropriate
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies; facilitate communication between multiple initiatives
- Be an advocate for building security into our products and driving down risk
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, resolving blocked tasks, assisting with planning and estimation.
- 5+ years of experience as an infrastructure or security engineer focused in cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years experience leading an engineering team
- Good knowledge of common system and application vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Direct and recent working experience with at least two of the following compliance programs: ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA or HITRUST
- You have a degree in a security, computer science or software engineering from a reputable post-secondary institution, or equivalent job experience
- You have exposure to application or cloud security and secure coding best practices
- You understand how web and mobile applications are built
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CCSP, OSCP
- Experience with GCP and AWS security best practices
CANADA APPLICANTS ONLY: The Canada-specific compensation range below for this full-time position is exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for base salaries for the position across all Canadian locations. Where in the band you may land is determined by job-related skills/experience and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
- Learn about our platform, leadership team and partners
- Highmark Health, Google Cloud, League: new digital front door to seamless care
- Former Providence President and Workday EVP of Corporate Strategy join League Board of Directors
- League raises $95 million USD in Series C to build world’s leading healthcare CX platform
- Forbes x League: The Platformization Of Healthcare Is Here
- Fast Company x League: If we want better innovations in healthtech, we need more competition
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.