Tech Lead, Data Platform
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweller to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Mejuri is searching for a Technical Lead for the Data Platform team. This individual will be responsible for driving execution against the data platform roadmap, architecting & implementing scalable infrastructure, developing data applications, and mentoring/coaching a team of engineers. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has experience with scaling consumer data platforms and is looking to provide high-value work within a small and agile data team while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
What you'll do:
- **Platform.** Lead discovery, definition, and development on platform capabilities. Support information management & master-data initiatives, champion data-governance and quality programs, and democratize platform use for all stakeholders (engineers, data-scientist, ML engineers, analysts, etc.) - **Application.** Lead development against core data applications that enhance customer acquisition and retention efforts - examples include core insight tools, data warehouse models, user-profile, event collection clients, analytics & production pipelines. - **Data Champion.** Partner with data science and engineering leadership to develop platform efficiencies and a strong cross-team culture.
What you bring to the team:
- **Technical.** Experience working with customer data platforms, event-level data, ML & feature engineering pipelines. Comfortable writing/reviewing code written in Python. Familiar with tools and frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Terraform, Kafka, etc. - **Communication.** Advanced english, able to explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
• ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees to work in other locations for one month per year.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
• Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan.
• Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.