Sr. Manager, Data Science & Machine Learning
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweller to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Mejuri is searching for a Sr. Manager to oversee the Data Science & Machine Learning team. Reporting into the Head of Data, this individual will be responsible for strategizing and driving execution against the data science roadmap, developing & deploying production models, and hiring, managing, and coaching a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has experience with growing data science teams, developing production-level data products, and is looking to provide high-value work within a small and agile data team while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
What you’ll do:
- **Management.** Oversee data science & machine learning teams that provide value against revenue, customer, and operational business functions. Strategize & drive execution against the DS/ML roadmap, own collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, and mentor data scientists and ML engineers. - **Model Development.** Own the creation and development process for production models that drive internal and external optimizations (pricing, product-recommendations, search, …). - **Experimentation Program.** Own the cross-channel experimentation program that improves acquisition and retention efforts and enhances operational workflows. - **Analytics Research.** Drive execution and delivery for analytical deep dives that provide insight into customer behaviour and business impact. - **Data Champion.** Partner with data and analytics leadership to develop platform efficiencies and a strong cross-team data culture. Promote the application of data and best practices across the entire business!
What you bring to the team:
- **Technical.** Experience working with customer data platforms, event-level data, ML & feature engineering pipelines. Comfortable writing/reviewing code written in SQL, Python, R, or Scala, and leveraging machine learning frameworks & toolkits such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spark, or scikit-learn. - **Machine Learning & Analytics.** Advanced understanding of machine learning & analytics applications and experience building & deploying models from the ground up. - **Experimentation.** Experience designing & interpreting results of experiments across marketing, product, and operational channels. - **Management & Communication.** Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders and managing a team, ability to manage long-term roadmap and prioritize competing efforts. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, being able to explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
• ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees to work in other locations for one month per year.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
• Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan.
• Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.