Development Project Manager
Hi! I’m Alan, and I am the Vice President of Real Estate and Development. I am looking for a Development Project Manager that will be responsible for managing all aspects of project delivery for new stores, temporary & pop up locations and activations.
You will work independently and cross functionally with the Retail Expansion and Retail Operations departments to ensure our store design is brought to life. You are a creative problem solver, with a passion for customer-centric environments. You recognize that getting the best from others requires strong relationships and the ability to roll up your sleeves.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and deliver an on-time build of each New Store Opening (NSO) project from project permitting & bidding through clean turnover and project close out.
- Build & manage project budgets. This includes recommendations and guidance to the Experience Design team in the development of cost-effective solutions that do not compromise design and brand integrity.
- Support similar scope across a broad range of project types including NSO, renovation, reposition, and pop ups.
What you bring to the team:
- Collaborate with key functions of the Expansion & Retail teams and manage relationships with external Manufacturers, Vendors, Landlord Representatives and General Contractors to ensure each project is delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop project schedules and budgets to provide guidance to the Real Estate Team and Store Design Teams regarding site selection.
- Partner with our external Architect team(s) to confirm scope, timing and to obtain any required permits necessary for project delivery.
- Manage all jurisdictional compliance including (but not limited to) obtaining business licences, operational permits, insurance certificates, LL approvals, etc.
- Develop and administer RFP processes according to company guidelines.
- Review all Architectural and MEP drawings at key milestone deliverable dates including 90%, issue for permit and issue for bid for conformance with established project budget, delivery conditions and guidelines.
- Track, plan and coordinate all owner supplied items (OSI) onsite deliveries with GC.
- Lead all weekly owner architect contractor (OAC) meetings to ensure stakeholder alignment and act as the primary contact between trades, manufacturers and retail expansion team.
- Provide weekly project status reporting and feedback to the Retail Expansion team.
- Take a proactive approach to anticipating schedule and budget risks via development of real-time contingency plans in partnership with the VP of Real Estate & Development.
- Manage multiple work streams across multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring all deliverables are achieved on time & on budget.
- Regularly reconcile GC-based trade schedules with the Expansion team Master Schedule, detailing activities leading up to project completion.
- Place and track orders with established vendors for equipment, supplies and services required for assigned retail expansion projects.
- Successfully hand off all NSO projects to the NSO Manager, ensuring no GC work is left to complete. Provide on-site support as needed post hand-off to ensure an on-time opening.
- Reconcile all deficiencies and after care of the new space within 30 days after opening.
- Lead the project close-out process and assist the accounting team in obtaining any Tenant Allowance due per the lease.
- Frequent travel within North America and Internationally, valid passport is required.
Things We Consider An Asset:
- 6-8 years of experience in multi-unit delivery. (Experience in retail, hospitality or commercial projects are a plus.)
- Degree in Architecture, Construction, Project Management or a related field, a plus.
- Experience concurrently delivering multiple small-scale projects on time & on budget.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the retail industry across North America and internationally.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- An entrepreneur who identifies opportunities and thinks creatively to drive solutions forward.
- Detail-oriented decision maker that is capable of follow through and accuracy.
- Appreciates feedback and constantly strives to improve self and Brand.
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Experience with Google G-Suite, Smartsheet & Notion. Experience w/ Procore a plus.
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated