Sr. FrontEnd Engineer (Argentina)
We are hiring a Senior Frontend Engineer to create a tech-led, best-in-class omni-channel experience for our customers. We’re a global, omni-channel company with interesting eCommerce, manufacturing, and fulfillment related tech challenges to overcome to support our growth. Our ideal candidate (hopefully you!) will have a passion for driving forward ambitious goals, solving complex business problems with code, diving into the details to get things done! In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating on the roadmap of our eCommerce platform, with a particular focus on supporting your pod of product manager, frontend and/or backend engineers, and product designer.
What you'll do:
- Develop features and improvements to the product and platform in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, Backend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions. Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience in Frontend software development, at least 2 years on React
- At least 1 or 2 years of work experience with JS ecosystem (NPM/Yarn, ES6, Redux)
- Good eye for user experience and user interface.
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around themGreat capability in iterative development
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Collaborate effectively with marketing, product, and design to align on product requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a direct-to-consumer company, or startups.
- Experience with feature flagging, CI/CDExperience with e-commerce API integrations, such as Spree, Shopify, or custom stack.
- Experience with serverless architecture
- Experience with queues (e.g., RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g., Testim, Cucumber, Playwright)
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Data Dog, NewRelic, Prometheus
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Experience in web accessibility development
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated