Senior Merchandising Manager
Hi, I’m Lena, and I’m currently the Sr. Director of Merchandising at Mejuri, looking for a Senior Merchandising Manager to join our growing Merchandising team.
As a Senior Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for driving category growth, productivity and gross margin, while being considered a product expert and advocate across the organization. It is a great time to join the team as we build a best-in-class product assortment, continue to refine and evolve Merchandising processes and get to work with diamonds on a daily basis!
- Manages & executes key, volume driving categories and is viewed across the organization as the category expert
- Lead the development of assortment plans, ensuring they meet financial and brand objectives and align with the topside product strategy that support innovation, growth, optimal style productivity, and margin-building programs
- Demonstrates a strong balance of product instincts & financial acumen
- Analyzes sales data and patterns market trends & competitive landscape to identify opportunities and risks for the assigned category
- Builds productive relationships at all levels, including working closely with cross-functional teams, including Design, Product Development, Planning & Marketing
- Presents analysis in in easy to understand formats, including Quarterly Product Strategy & Line Reviews to cross-functional teams
- Effectively adapts in times of change or adversity
- Relentlessly tenacious to finish projects even when faced with resistance & supervises others to do the same; know how & when to engage management to move initiatives forward
- Asks good questions & integrates complex or conflicting information to arrive at clear, timely decisions
- Responds positively to developmental feedback & seeks coaching & feedback to improve skills
- A master at managing up & driving team process with relentless initiative
- Manages at the individual contributor or small team level
Key Performance Indicators:
- For owned categories:
- Gross Margin
- Personally driven, self starter, with an engaging, positive and can-do attitude
- Team work, collaboration, flexibility, adaptability and willing to pivot
- Independent, energetic and palatable passion
- Obsessed with our product
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated