Manager, Corporate Accounting
Hi, My name is Guneet Brar, and I’m the Assistant Controller at Mejuri. In my role I am responsible for leading the accounting function, and ensuring that our financials are grounded in accurate financial information. I recently joined Mejuri in 2022, and was excited to help scale a growing organization and be a part of a highly motivated finance team. I am looking for a Manager, Corporate Accounting to join our accounting team.
I am looking for a Manager, Corporate Accounting, to join our Accounting team. This role will focus on supporting month end close, review of financial statements and maintaining detail accounting records to ensure accuracy of financials. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help Mejuri grow, meet its business objectives and work cross-functionally. We are looking for someone who is excited about process improvement and is passionate about being a trusted advisor to our commercial and supply chain teams. Did I also mention...you get to work with an amazing team where we love what we do and have fun while doing so!
- Lead the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close
- Provide recommendations consistent with corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare memos and supporting files for complex accounting transactions, and demonstrate strong technical knowledge of accounting standards (ASPE, US GAAP)
- Identify and execute on initiatives to ensure the accuracy of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Drive continuous refinements in our accounting processes with a focus on efficiency while driving improved visibility into key metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and own key processes and controls impacting month end close
- Act as liaison to the external auditors for relevant financial statement sections and other external service providers and own the successful completion of the year-end audit and other assurance engagements, as required
- Assist with and manage various ad-hoc projects as needed
- Develop and execute on initiatives that contribute to the objective of building out the accounting team technology stack, specifically ERP, Accounting Management, and other system implementations
- Drive improvements in existing increase efficiencies, enhance processes and lead the implementation of new financial systems automate activities and reduce reporting timelines
- Partner cross-functionally with Commercial, Supply Chain, Data/Technology business unit leaders in a proactive and consultative manner to plan for new business initiatives and operational changes
- Design, implement, and maintain internal controls for key processes to support internal controls framework
- CPA with 5+ years of progressive experience in full cycle and/or public accounting
- Excellent technical accounting and problem solving skills, and extensive experience in analyzing, interpreting GAAP, IFRS
- Proven track record of managing a team and implementing strategic changes that impact the business beyond the Finance function
- Experience in managing revenue reporting including manual and automated order to cash reconciliation processes, returns/warranties, discounts
- Experience structuring, hiring, managing, coaching, developing and training a team of different levels and working styles
- Experience elevating team members in identifying and providing opportunities for growth and development and creating a culture where team members are able to use their voice and provide input
- Experience in Big 4, eCommerce, retail, manufacturing or consumer packaged goods industries
- Experience implementing ERP/Accounting Management systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience with BI tools (Looker preferred)
- Time to close
- Accuracy of accounting (material misstatements, control deficiencies, out of period adjustments
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated