Engineering Manager, Data Platform and Growth
Mejuri is searching for a Engineering Manager to oversee the Data Platform & Growth Product team. Reporting into the Director of Engineering, this individual will be responsible for strategizing and driving execution against the data platform & growth product roadmap, architecting & implementing scalable infrastructure, developing growth products, and hiring, managing, and coaching a team of engineers. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has experience with scaling consumer data platforms and is looking to provide high-value work within a small and agile data team while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
What You'll Do:
- Management. Hire, manage, and coach a team of software, platform, and data engineers. Partner with product managers to understand business needs and establish the product & platform roadmap.
- Platform Strategy. Own the vision and architecture for developing & scaling the data platform (consumer and operational). Drive the discovery, definition, and development of platform capabilities. Support information management & master-data initiatives, champion data-governance and quality programs, and democratize platform use for all stakeholders (engineers, data-scientist, ML engineers, analysts, etc.) - including scaled insight solutions.
- Growth Engineering. Own the product engineering roadmap against growth product and growth marketing needs. Enhance acquisition and retention through initiatives such as user-profile development, MarTech enablement, cross-channel personalization, and experimentation.
- Data & Engineering Champion. Partner with data and engineering leadership to develop platform efficiencies and a strong cross-team culture.
What You'll Bring To The Team:
- Technical Exposure. Experience building and/or implementing data warehouses, customer data platforms, event streaming infrastructure, and ML and analytical infrastructure (feature stores, ML pipelines, warehouse, ...). Experience using tools such as Airflow/Dagster, leveraging the “big data stack” (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive, ...) on cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP. Experience working with marketing technologies (ads, email, ...), developing user identities & user profiles, and building and/or implementing experimentation platforms.
- Engineering Leadership. Experience managing a team of engineers and leveraging agile software development practices. Experience managing roadmaps that require balancing new-feature, platform development, and technical debt initiatives. Experience establishing metrics that showcase business impact and speaking to senior leadership on performance.
- Management & Communication. Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders, managing a team & long-term roadmaps, and prioritize competing initiatives. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, being able to explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated