New Store: Assistant Store Manager
It has never been a more exciting time to join the retail leadership team here at Mejuri! Our global retail team is growing more than ever, with stores opening across Canada, the US, and UK. By the end of year, we will have 30 stores in our scaling retail network.As our newest Assistant Store Manager, you are a charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen. Reporting into the Store Manager you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the store including operations, driving customer service excellence, increasing profitability and fostering an environment of motivation and engagement to enable the store team to achieve company goals and objectives.
You are a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, exceptional customer service skills and a passion for leading and coaching teams. In supporting the Store Manager, you are second in command and have a tremendous impact on driving growth and achieving the KPI’s, providing the best in class customer service experience for our clients, supporting talent acquisition & development activities, visual merchandising, and operations, while demonstrating the Mejuri core values. You will play an important part in developing a retail environment that is deeply focused around our clients and set the foundation for our sales culture. You are obsessed with every detail when it comes to the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
- Support the development of store business strategies, as defined by the Store and District Manager
- Maximize results and achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), by driving own performance as well as the performance and engagement of the team
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing productive relationships with customers
- Review weekly and monthly sales and product performance data taking action to improve sales performance
- Establish and implement changes to improve product performance where possible
- Improve sales performance of the team through feedback, coaching and training
- Review space productivity data and take action to maximize productivity and sales performance
- Gather insights from customers, communicating them to HQ
- Support in store marketing and promotional initiatives at a high standard and communicate cross functionally
- Support local and community events and lead the event submission process at the store, aiming for 2 events at a minimum per fiscal quarter. Follow the Events Playbook submission process and own the post-mortem reporting.
- Improve the quality of the in-store customer experience by communicating and training staff on Mejuri’s Steps of Selling, fostering relationships through the Mejuri Brand story.
- Provide in-store coaching to staff, working alongside them to demonstrate best practices in hosting, customer service and product knowledge.
- Champion an OMNI business mentality, continuously seeking opportunities to remove barriers to purchase and friction points for customers.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to Mejuri HQ as needed.
- Promptly respond to and escalate any customer complaints.
- Assist the Store Manager in coaching and developing a service-minded and high performing team
- Assist in the hiring process for key team members in your store.
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships in your market and HQ
- Create and participate in new hire onboarding and training activities for team members, ensuring a high standard for delivery
- Foster a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement
- Clearly communicate expected standards and demonstrate desired behaviours. Lead by example!
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring Employee Relations related matters, fostering a positive work environment
- Manage employee turnover by contributing to a positive, harmonious and stimulating work environment that builds engagement
- Embed the Mejuri values into the team’s daily activities
- Continuously network and build a candidate pipeline for current and future openings
- Monitor team compliance with Mejuri policies and procedures
- Supporting maintenance of visual and operational standards with the leadership team
- Assist with the store schedule and apply the practices of labour optimization when scheduling to support great customer experience
- Work with the store team to identify any opportunities to improve the daily operations of the store (ie systems, processes). Communicate with HQ where appropriate
- Manage all office and cleaning supply inventory, placing orders as needed via our supply vendor.
- Manage team to prepare for and conduct stock-takes in a timely and effective manner
- Report any issues within the store to the Head Office including maintenance, cleaning and safety issues.
- Manage security of store, products and team, raising any issues with Head Office
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience as a leader in retail, sales or customer service
- Understanding of local market challenges and requirements relevant to new store openings
- A desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-driven decision making
- Tactical thinking
- You stay current and are on top of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company
- A minimum of two weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days (for full-time employees)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role currently has a base pay range of $34-$36 per hour based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated