A third of the world's crop production depends on honeybee pollination, yet beekeepers lose 40% of their hives each year. To be part of the solution, our team's mission is to provide beekeepers and growers with the data-driven tools needed to raise thriving honeybee colonies.
We believe that the technology being built by our team - including AI models - will lead to a future where pollinators are considered an essential factor in feeding our planet.
With our digital hive management system BeeTrack, Nectar’s goal is to equip commercial migratory beekeepers with technologies that enable them to make data-driven decisions to raise healthier bees to secure our food supply.
About the position
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Customer Success, the Sales Representative (SRep) main responsibility is to sell Nectar's products and services.
Why are we looking for a Sales Representative?
Our digital hive management system, BeeTrack, is increasingly gaining traction among commercial beekeepers in North America. As such, we seek to significantly expand our customer base and transition from early adopters into the main market users. To accomplish this, the sales representative will work closely with different stakeholders within commercial beekeeping companies to understand their needs and connect those needs to the value delivered by BeeTrack.
What you will do
- Prospecting and qualifying leads via phone calls, video calls and in person meetings.
- Identify sales opportunities, reach out to potential customers, deliver demos, conduct sales meetings, and develop relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Manage the sales pipeline and report sales progress with assistance from the Head of Sales.
- Log and maintain customer records using CRM software and other sales tools.
- Conduct field visits to sell Nectar's product. Customers are commercial beekeepers in the United States (e.g., Central Valley of California, Washington State, the Dakotas, Montana, and Idaho) and Canada. Field visits include, but are not limited to beekeeping operation main offices (“the shop”) and beekeeping yards.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and close deals.
- Identify data, insights, and/or services that are relevant to the customers.
- Provide product feedback to the Product, Design and Engineering teams.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new clients.
- Partner with the Head of Sales in the development of sales strategies.
- Support the marketing team in developing case studies, testimonials, and brand messaging.
- 2-3 years of previous sales experience, preferably in the Agriculture industry. Experience selling SaaS products or technology is a nice to have but not a must.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to articulate value propositions effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- Self-motivated and target-driven, with the ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in Biological Sciences, Animal Science and Management, Environmental Science and Management, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems, Agricultural and Environmental Technology, Food and Agricultural Business, AgriBusiness, or a related discipline.
- Willingness to travel frequently (as often as once or twice a month).
- Interest in beekeeping, AgTech, startups, technology, and/or business.
Great to have but not a must
- Experience working in the beekeeping industry
- Fluency in Spanish
Benefits & Conditions
- Permanent and full-time role with flexible work hours;
- To be performed in Canada or US: from home and/or from Nectar's office in Montreal;
- Remuneration according to experience;
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation;
- Group insurance plan & RRSP (for residents of Canada);
- Annual well-being budget of $500;
- The opportunity to learn beekeeping and participate in maintaining Nectar's hives at its farm;
- An endless supply of honey;
- New benefits to be announced in the near future!