Staff Security Engineer
Do you thrive off collaboration and impact? Love to light up your brain and pick up new skills? We’re a team of trailblazers in tech who run on heart and humility, and maybe a little bit too much caffeine, too. But who’s judging? If this sounds like you, you may be the perfect fit for PartnerStack.
PartnerStack is the only ecosystem platform built for B2B SaaS. We’re the connection point between today’s fastest-growing SaaS companies and top-performing partners. Our mission? To change the way the world sells software — and with your help, we can get there faster!
Want in? Apply now.
About you and the role
We believe security to be a core part of the organization and its culture. That means allowing external understanding and visibility into the security needs of the organization. Security and Trust are core pillars of PartnerStack’s product features and a competitive advantage. Our goal is to continuously improve our security posture and be a leader in our industry.
As a Staff Security Engineer, you will be crucial in ensuring the security and integrity of our partnership ecosystem. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining security measures, conducting risk assessments, investigating security incidents, and providing guidance and expertise to the security team. This is a hands-on technical role, and you’ll work directly with our application, network, and infrastructure codebases.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain security architecture and design principles
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security requirements are incorporated into system and network designs
- Review and evaluate proposed system changes or new technologies for potential security risks
- Monitor, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify and address potential vulnerabilities
- Implement, maintain, and improve security controls, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and data loss prevention tools
- Configure and manage security systems and tools
- Lead incident response efforts, including containment, eradication, and recovery
- Conduct forensic investigations to determine the root cause of security incidents
- Document and communicate incident findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain incident response plans and playbooks
- Develop and deliver security awareness and training programs for employees
- Stay up to date with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices
- Provide guidance and mentorship to security team members
- Identify, assess, and mitigate security risks across the organization
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop risk management strategies and policies
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and security audits
- Recommend and implement risk mitigation measures
- Ensure compliance with applicable security regulations and standards (e.g., GDPR, CCRA and SOC 2 Type 2)
- Monitor changes in regulatory requirements and update security controls accordingly
- Assist with internal and external security audits
You’re a great candidate if…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or GIAC are desirable
- Extensive experience in information security, including hands-on experience in security operations, incident response, and vulnerability management
- Extensive experience as a software developer
- Strong knowledge of security principles, standards, and best practices
- Experience with security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, endpoint protection, and encryption
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Proficient in scripting and programming languages (e.g., Python, Bash)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with social networks and fraud prevention
Why you’ll love working here
PartnerStack is a fast-growing startup revolutionizing how SaaS companies go to market and scale revenue with partnerships. Beyond challenging the status quo and innovating great products, our goal is to build a kickass company.
We set every member of our team up for success so they can feel energized about their work, be passionate about excellence, and have the room to learn every day. That means you can experiment with creative tactics, have the freedom to fail and bounce back stronger — and make a career of a lifetime.
Plus, PartnerStack is certified by Great Place to Work® Canada as one of the country’s best startups to work at based on their independent analysis of employee feedback.
Perks of working at PartnerStack
- A digital-first environment, so you can do your best work anywhere in Canada
- A MacBook shipped to you and a budget for peripherals of your choice
- Flexible working hours (in coordination with your team)
- Flexibility to work abroad for up to 8 weeks at a time
- Regular social events, even while working remotely
- Annual peripheral refresh
- Competitive salary and opportunities for promotion
- High-quality health insurance, active from your first day
- HSA and Wellness Accounts
- Generous vacation and time off plan
- Employee Stock Option Plan for everyone (ESOP)
- RRSP with an employer matching component
Although we’re digital-first, that doesn’t mean you can’t do your best work with us at our downtown office in Toronto — if you want.
Our office space (111 Peter Street, Toronto, ON) is open to all employees. Whether you join us in person or virtually, we’re committed to ensuring every new employee has a great onboarding experience and feels part of a tight-knit team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ablebodiedness or gender identity.
PartnerStack celebrates what makes every member of our team unique, and strives to create a workplace that is safe and inclusive where everyone can be their truest selves. If you require any accommodations to succeed in your role and feel supported in the workplace, please feel free to let us know. If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.