Construction Project Manager, Trenchless and Trenching
Petra's mission is to protect communities by moving utilities underground. The company is developing technology to efficiently and safely bore utility tunnels through any geology. Petra has developed a hard rock microtunneling solution that is less expensive and more reliable than conventional methods, making small-diameter utility undergrounding through bedrock economically viable.
The Project Manager will be in charge of the successful execution of our various construction projects. The primary function of this role is to create robust project plans, identify all relevant requirements, procure all resources (personnel and otherwise) necessary and own the construction project through its life.
You are a self-starter and can tackle challenges in a fast paced, high aptitude, technical working environment. You are enthusiastic about showing your work and collaborating with fellow team members. You are able to adapt and develop quick solutions when one is not readily available. You take pride in thinking through the details before beginning work, and take just as much pride in quickly executing your plans within tight deadlines.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Manage end-to-end project execution within our scope of work.
- Aligning with stakeholders to secure commitments for proposed bids while upholding company policies.
- Analyzing plans, specifications, and geotechnical reports to facilitate peer review and discussion.
- Overseeing employee and subcontractor tasks, final estimates, schedules, and project completion.
- Conducting on-site visits before, during, and after construction to ensure project success.
- Upholding strict safety standards on the jobsite.
- Collaborate on estimating and bidding processes for trenchless projects.
- Establishing and maintaining project budgets. Exercising diligent control over project costs.
- Providing regular updated cost-to-complete reports for projects in progress.
- Taking charge of project scheduling.
- Preparing, reviewing, and submitting submittals to project engineers/owners.
- Managing subcontracts, purchase agreements, and purchase orders.
- Assisting in the preparation, submission, and review of project change order requests, with the help of others on our team.
- Approving project invoicing and monitoring project billing activities.
- Preparing and processing pay applications.
- Handling RFI's, RFC's, and other project-related communications.
- Initiating prequalification and diversity requirements for tunneling projects.
- Participating in bid reviews and soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Complete accurate site work take-off for underground utilities and all other aspects of underground utility excavation, directional drilling, and related site work
- Complete accurate estimates of required labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors needed to complete projects
- Communicate effectively with clients during the bidding stages, post-bid stages and final negotiations
- Attend client meetings as necessary for post-bid scope analysis
- Review contracts and manage contract administration
- Minimum 2 years of underground utility construction experience.
- Proficiency in HCSS, AutoCAD, Primavera (P6), Word, and Excel.
- OSHA 10-hour certification and competent training are advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of underground utility, horizontal directional drilling & some civil construction projects from concept, design, construction, startup, and transfer to operations strongly preferred
- Experience reading blueprints and performing accurate supply and material take-off
- Strong personal character and integrity
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Energetic with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to or experience with trenching and trenchless technology (desired)
- Professional Engineer (desired)
- Travel, which may include extended duration, is required. Must have the ability to commit to onsite projects.
- Competitive salary and equity opportunities
- 401K plan.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance.
- Healthy lunch and snacks provided.
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO.
- Relocation costs negotiable.
- Truck & Fuel Allowance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Petra is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.