Staff Backend Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
As a Staff Backend Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to build cutting-edge FinTech technologies used by over 8,500 businesses in North America. As we’re evolving and scaling the core business we are looking for Software Engineers to come build the next generation of cash flow management platform using .NET, React and cloud-native solutions. As a backend engineer, you will support data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and building services, while ensuring that the software we write will last and scale. You advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. You will collaborate with architects to create system designs and build scalable solutions to allow us to double the number of customers. You will suggest and code complex workflows systems that support sophisticated integrations, provide real-time insights and continuously deliver value to our customers.
We are a high-performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our architects to ensure delivery of scalable solutions using the best for the job cloud services and technologies and provide input based on how you have done similar things in your past
- Innovate and build performant solutions that continue to scale to the increasing demands of the business
- Develop simple system designs/solutions to complex architectural problems
- Write high-quality, well-documented and maintainable code as we expect our technical leaders to be role models for other engineers across the board
- Have an API-first mindset developing components and services that are consumed via interfaces and API contracts
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies that help running high throughput and highly available services
- Inspire and share your engineering passion across the whole engineering org in our regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Work cross functionally in Plooto, distilling the needs of our strategy into actionable engineering output
- Improve the team and the company by actively living and breathing our leadership principles
- 15+ years of software engineering and work related experience
- 2+ years of exposure with event streaming solutions with Kafka or alternatives
- Proficiency in strongly typed languages, preferably C#
- Work related experience designing and implementing APIs including but not limited to RESTful API design
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems having supported multiple high-throughput systems in production
- Experience with cloud native development (k8s, serverless) utilizing best services from cloud providers, preferably Azure and AWS
- Working knowledge of different flavours of databases (NoSQL, in-memory, RDBMS)
- Previous track record developing and shipping large-scale web applications
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
Everything we do can be traced back to our Leadership Principles. We leave our egos at the door and roll up our sleeves to get things done. We have an extremely strong product-market fit with an ever-growing customer base. We’re backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans.
We have really big ambitions and are scaling rapidly. You’ll get the space and the support you need to grow by focusing deeply on meaningful work. Plootonians are passionate about their customers, teams and FinTech, so you’ll feel right at home! You’ll receive a competitive salary, stock options from day 1, and an annual bonus (on top of many other benefits). Secure your seat on our rocketship as we build the next FinTech unicorn together!
See more open positions at Plooto
Something looks off?