Senior Full Stack Engineer (React, .NET, SQL, Azure)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
We are currently able to hire full time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build cutting-edge FinTech technologies used by over 9,000 businesses in North America. As we are evolving and scaling the core business, we are looking for Software Engineers to come build the next generation of cash flow management platform using React, .NET Core, event streaming and cloud-native solutions.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will iterate on feature development and improvements on both front-end and back-end code ensuring that the software we write will last and scale. You advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. You will build complex workflow systems that support sophisticated integrations, provide real-time insights, and continuously deliver value to our customers.
We are a high-performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What You'll Do
- You will partner with product managers and designers to understand the needs of our customers and build new features and products that serves those needs.
- You will comfortably work on both sides backend and frontend, delivering feature end-to-end.
- You will write high-quality, well-documented and maintainable code by collaborating with other engineers on the team to.
- You will mentor more junior developers and show what “good” looks like.
- You will work closely with our architects to ensure design and delivery of optima and scalable technical solutions.
- You will inspire and share your development passion across the whole engineering org in our regular Lunch & Learn sessions.
- You will improve the team and the company by actively living and breathing our leadership principles.
- 10+ years of software engineering and work-related experience, preferably in Microsoft stack.
- Strong experience working as a full stack engineer on both frontend and backend.
- Proficiency in strongly typed languages, preferably C#.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / SQL, T-SQL and in-memory databases (Redis, Memcache).
- Good knowledge of modern UI frameworks (React, Angular, VueJS, etc.).
- Experience in one of the cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Previous track record developing and shipping scalable web applications.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with leveraging different Microsoft Azure services.
- Experience with event / queuing processing platforms (Apache Kafka, SQS).
- Experience with cloud native development (k8s, serverless) and transforming monolith to distributed system.
- Experience with Apache Druid, Event Sourcing, CQRS.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivaled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.