Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing team and take ownership of the full month-end accounting cycle and kick-start a central best practices group that works with functional heads on managing variable usage-based costs (e.g. cloud spend).
You will report directly to the Accounting Director and assist in implementing accounting processes and controls that will take the accounting function to the next level. If you are a motivated individual with strong accounting acumen and want to be part of a championship-winning team, then be sure to apply now.
What You’ll Do
- Own the month-end close process including the reporting of revenue, expenses, prepaids & accruals, and GL maintenance; work with our Finance - Payments team on reconciliations.
- Prepare the financial statements and work closely with the FP&A team on internal and investor reporting.
- Assist with the year-end audit, annual tax filing, SRED submission and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage the outsourced payroll processing practice and outsource other practices where and when it makes sense.
- Implement and execute best accounting practices by leveraging the latest and greatest tools; seek continuous improvements and efficiencies and drive automation where needed.
- Liaise with the Business Intelligence and Analytics team as part of your drive for continuous improvement of the closing and reporting process.
- Identify and execute efficiencies around tracking, recording, and collecting billings and accounts receivable.
- Own the analysis of the cost of sale, relaying efficiencies to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Oversee invoice processing, spending and accounts payable, working closely with team leads and operations on vendor lifecycle management.
- Kick-start a central best practices group that works with team leads on managing variable usage-based costs (e.g. cloud spending); collaborate with team leads on strategic data-driven spending decisions and optimizations.
- Other ad-hoc duties/responsibilities as required.
- You have 3-4 years of experience in a full cycle month-end accounting role, tech or SaaS experience is preferred.
- You have completed or are working towards your CPA designation.
- You have experience working with ASPE and IFRS and reporting with multiple currencies.
- You are extremely detailed oriented and can be relied upon to provide quality work, thorough documentation, and accurate results.
- You are highly analytical with strong Excel skills and have a problem-solving aptitude working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience with month-end closing processes for SMB’s.
- Proficiency in Xero and Plooto is preferred.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.