Product Adoption Specialist
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
We are currently able to hire full time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As a Product Adoption Specialist, you will focus on the onboarding journey of new customers (specifically mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firms with their own books of SMBs). You’ll be a consultant and partner for them and ensure they are set up for success as customers of Plooto. Your goal will be to drive new leads at events, convert those leads and those from other channels, and ensure they grow their business with Plooto over time. You will have your own book of business that you will be given ownership over and the freedom to maximize its growth over time. You will be a founding member of Plooto’s Product Adoption team and will play a key role in building new processes, influencing the team’s quarterly plan, and driving insights about the onboarding experience for the rest of the business.
The role focuses on engaging with new customers, understanding their onboarding journey, and making the existing experience better. This is a cross-functional role where you will collaborate with Marketing, Customer Experience, Product, Engineering, and Compliance. We are a high-performing organization and encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. We win as a team! For more on how we operate, check out Plooto’s Leadership Principles.
What You'll Do
- Engage with new accounting & bookkeeping firms proactively to ensure they are onboarded successfully at Plooto. Ensure the conversion of leads assigned to you remains high and that they are getting the maximum value out of the Plooto product.
- Provide support to new or prospective SMB customers that reach out to Plooto, ensuring high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Organize and attend events on behalf of Plooto to maximize leads captured and promote our brand.
- Find opportunities for customers to grow and onboard faster by building assets, resources and other external content (such as training & demo videos and help center articles).
- Develop and maintain deep expertise in Plooto’s onboarding experience and back-end processes.
- Build new internal processes to increase the velocity of customer conversion.
- Collect user insights from engaging with customers to share across the business (i.e., with Product, Engineering, and Marketing).
- Be the customer voice in Product and Marketing decisions when it comes to the onboarding journey.
- University/College degree in business, finance/accounting, economics, or any related discipline.
- New grad with strong co-op experience or recent grad with one year of work experience in a business development, onboarding, implementation, or customer success/experience role.
- Ability to understand customer problems and pain points and educate them on how the product can solve those issues. A high level of emotional intelligence and customer empathy is required for this role.
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills that allow you to dig deep into customer pain points and understand the challenges they are facing.
- Strong problem-solving techniques, with the ability to take ownership and address questions/concerns quickly and on your feet (e.g., on a call or in a demo).
- You are motivated by numbers and metrics, constantly looking to drive those over time. You love seeing personal, team, and company growth and wake up wanting to contribute to that.
- A proactive approach to ensure customer happiness – we put customer value at the heart of everything we do.
- A natural collaborator with a competitive spirit – someone who works well with others to solve problems and wants to see Plooto win in its space.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. We are a scrappy start-up and not all of our processes are built out.
- Strong leadership skills and a positive attitude (this is a must!) – you must embody and align with our Leadership Principles.
Nice to Have
- Experience in a fintech or start-up company, financial institution or accounting firm.
- Knowledge of accounting software, payment processes, and accounts payable/receivable practices.
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, and other customer-facing tools.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.