Data Scientist, Fraud Risk
Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
We are currently able to hiring full-time in the following US locations: California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Florida, and Washington. If you are located outside of these states, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 10,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As a Risk Data Scientist, your responsibility will involve fraud and payment risk monitoring. You will build data visualization tools and alerting to proactively identify potential threats, analyze trends, and develop effective preventive risk controls. You will collaborate closely with our Risk Operations team and turn their insights into actionable risk solutions. You will also effectively manage Plooto’s risk solutions to ensure accuracy and efficacy of risk decisions.
What You'll Do
- Conduct in-depth trend analysis using large datasets, identifying anomalies, emerging fraud trends, and potential fraudulent activities across our platform, including NSF, stolen financials, scams, and ATO.
- Develop and maintain advanced data visualization dashboards, alerting, and reports to track trends and the effectiveness of fraud prevention measures, providing actionable insights into evolving fraud pressures and take proactive steps to address identified issues.
- Design and implement complex fraud monitoring rules to proactively detect and combat fraudulent activities.
- Continuously refine and optimize fraud monitoring rules ensuring their accuracy and efficacy in real-time threat mitigation.
- Collaborate closely with the Risk Operations team and integrating their insights to create proactive approach to risk management.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure data quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 5+ years experience related to fraud detection/risk analysis in payment/fintech industry.
- Proficiency in advanced data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a proven ability to think strategically and stay ahead of evolving fraud tactics.
- Strong communications skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- A track record of implementing successful fraud detection strategies and delivering tangible results.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.