Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
We are currently able to hiring full-time in the following US locations: California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Florida, and Washington. If you are located outside of these states, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 10,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will design, create, and deliver a range of DevOps Build Automation and Deployment solutions in our Azure environment. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with the CTO, VP, and Engineering team to build out and support, secure and monitor various environments, contribute to our cloud architecture, and improve engineering efficiency through tooling and process definitions.
We are a high performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspective is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What you'll do
- Help build, grow, and scale our business by defining, architecting, building, and maintaining the infrastructure, production as well as staging environments.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Deploy industry best practices and technologies to streamline our deployment and rollback operations.
- Continue building out our monitoring and alerting systems to ensure high availability.
- Develop tools and processes to support developer efficiency and excellence.
- Design and enforce security policies for sensitive user data and our systems overall.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineering teams on building and maintaining scalable systems.
- Ensure solid technical documentation for solutions delivered.
- Live and promote our company values.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of DevOps/SRE experience.
- Proven track record in automating the build process and deployment of Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Strong experience with Azure architecture & administration, Serverless, Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Docker, Microservices.
- Strong experience with Azure DevOps, CICD pipelines, release automation
- Strong experience with Git, branching, tagging, versioning, and release strategies
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Strong scripting experience with Powershell or Python
- Strong experience with monitoring tools such as Azure Application Insights & Azure Monitor
- Familiar with SQL, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Cache
- Passionate technologist with a desire to expand their knowledge and skill as well as share and mentor team members.
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically.
- Strive for continuous improvement and belief in collective success.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert and/or other Azure certifications
- Experience with security, compliance, SOC2 and other standards
- ReactJS, C#, .NET, Cake builds, NodeJS
- Azure SQL Server / T-SQL skills and database management experience.
- Experience with Service Bus/RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Redis.
- Experience Big Data Analytics Tools, Apache Druid, Event Sourcing, CQRS.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.