Senior Front-End Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We are currently hiring full-time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant, but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 10,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build cutting-edge FinTech technologies used by over 10,000 businesses in North America. Using React, HTML and MaterialUI you will have an immediate impact on our end-user experience. We are looking for someone who is not only well-versed in web front-end development but also has strong UX/product sensibilities and enjoys working closely with world-class designers, product managers, QA Engineers in building customer journeys.
We are a high-performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What You’ll Do
- Create value for our customers by driving specific KPIs and outcomes through software delivery.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of new features and products.
- Strong partnership and collaboration across the organization stakeholders such as product, design, infrastructure, and operations to improve our systems capabilities and accelerate its adoption.
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Plooto system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns.
- Design experiments to measure business and user experience improvements.
- Experience building a comprehensive set of tools to enable effective and delightful developer experience for payment-related products by codifying complex payment logic and engineering needs with declarative artifacts (data model, rules, configurations, etc.).
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Live and promote our leadership principles.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of developing user-facing applications.
- Proven track record of delivery of scalable web applications.
- Experience delivering complex infrastructure or tooling projects end-to-end start to finish, for example migrating multiple products onto a new technology stack.
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security.
- Enthusiastic technologists with a desire to expand their knowledge and skills as well as share and mentor team members.
- A passion for working with users, building great user experience, and API design.
- A track record of mentoring Engineers.
- Strive for continuous improvement and belief in collective success.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in designing and building front-end architecture on multiple platforms such as Mobile and Desktop.
- Able to contribute in a Full-Stack manner using the Microsoft development stack.
- Good feel for UI/UX design.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivaled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.