Room Attendant / Cleaner
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We are looking for honest, reliable, and hard-working housekeepers to keep Sonder running smoothly. In addition to general housekeeping duties, we rely on our housekeepers to be our eyes and ears in each guest unit, anticipating and reporting potential guest issues, and ensuring that each guest’s experience is of the highest quality!
We are offering £60 monthly communication allowance on top of the hourly rate
Hourly Rate: £12 p/h
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Perform housekeeping duties which includes but is not limited to: cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, change linen and terry, window washing, surface polishing, balconies, trash/recycle removal, carpet vacuuming, floor mopping, dusting
- Restock apartments with soaps, shampoos, various kitchen/apartment items and branded Sonder collateral
- Ensure all furniture, appliances and amenities are clean and in working order
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout
- Ensure lobbies, office spaces, guest hallways, elevators, fitness centers, public restrooms, parking garages, stairwells and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Sonder standards
- Perform deep cleaning tasks as assigned
- Restock Housekeeping carts/closets with linens, terry and consumables in preparation for next day
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Gather necessary cleaning supplies and linen from a distributed or central location
- Travel to locations distributed throughout the city
- Report any maintenance issues, safety hazards, security issues or damage of Sonder property
- Use a mobile application or technology, smartphone/device required
- Return supplies and equipment to a distributed or central location
- Conduct special cleaning projects as assigned
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- A professional who can embrace the use of mobile applications and technology
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel between Sonder properties in your city on a regular or daily basis (depending on your role).
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?