Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We are looking for Housekeeping Supervisors to manage a team of housekeepers, ensuring Sonder runs smoothly, day in and day out! In addition to general housekeeping duties, we rely on our supervisors to make sure schedules are set, cleans are completed on time and at a high quality, and make sure their team is always working to improve the guest experience!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Coordinate the work of Housekeepers and Housekeeping Support Agent, including daily logistics, scheduling, deep cleaning of units, according to productivity and forecasted occupancy providing feedback and quality control
- Inspect all common areas of buildings including lobbies, public restrooms, fitness centers, office spaces, back of the house areas, loading docks, guests hallways and elevators for cleaning according to Sonder standards
- Interviewing, training and scheduling, disciplining and evaluating the staff
- Train new housekeepers and provide ongoing training for current staff on Sonder systems, technology, buildings, and cleaning standards.
- Monitors each housekeeper's daily progress and inspects completed units to assure that all Sonder standards have been met; When standards have been missed, brings employee back to the unit and coaches them on how to correct the deficiency
- Monitor payroll reports, work schedules, lost & found program, stocking of housekeepers carts and designated storage areas.
- Conduct regular daily walk through inspections of all assigned areas; make note of discrepancies assign abatements and follow-up for completion
- Maintain required pars of linen, amenities and consumables for inventory management and in preparation for daily distribution and monthly order
- Report any maintenance issues, safety hazards, security issues or damage of Sonder property
- Use mobile smartphone/applications/technology to communicate with the team and report progress
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors regarding daily cleanings
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- Perform housekeeping duties which includes but is not limited to: cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, change linen and terry, window washing, surface polishing, balconies, trash/recycle removal, carpet vacuuming, floor mopping, dusting, when applicable
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a leadership position as well as independently
- Previous experience in a leadership role with a housekeeping department or similar operation especially in regard to personnel management
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail and speed accuracy.
- Technical working knowledge of digital productivity tools including data analytics creation via a spreadsheet
- The ability to learn to use a mobile application to digitally correspond with management
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods, and cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating household cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- Ability to lift, push, and pull required load (usually about 40 lbs)
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day
- This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
- This role requires a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?