Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We're looking for an operationally-focused individual, who is a high-achiever, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, passionate about hospitality, and an excellent communicator to join our team.
Maintenance Supervisors at Sonder are responsible for leading the team that delivers a flawless guest experience. They’re detail-oriented individuals who love directing the maintenance team on their daily adventures. Maintenance Supervisors are forces for good, who learn quickly, teach thoroughly, and keep all stakeholders happy and engaged while not afraid of getting their hands dirty. This is a great role for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor looking to act in a lead role on a facilities team that enjoys digging into and solving facilities mysteries across multiple trades and building types.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Direct the daily activities and tasks of the Maintenance Technicians in the city team.
- Supervises the completion of a variety of tasks related to maintenance of guest spaces and rooms, including troubleshooting, light repairs, up to and including major repairs or replacements of electrical HVAC, plumbing, structural, or other building assets.
- Build and lead a preventive maintenance plan including: performing periodic maintenance of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and other building or room equipment.
- Ensure quality of repairs to a high level finish in guest rooms and guest spaces. Including furniture, doors, windows, patch and paint, and other hardware.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant federal and local guidelines for safety and productivity including, OSHA, ADA and other required regulations.
- Support the maintenance team with SOPs and other best practices to maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repairs or installations.
- Coordinate, meet and support our 3rd party contractors including painters, installers, furniture builders, housekeepers, and other specialized trades.
- Conduct thorough apartment walkthroughs and maintenance checks
- Organize and document project information and updates
- Instruct and supervise contractors as they paint, build furniture, hang art, photograph and clean
- Travel to various buildings/cities as required
- Supervise or lead projects or other specialized work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in maintenance.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role with people management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in multiple skilled trades, such as HVAC, electrical or carpentry. May include NFPA 70E, EPA, OSHA 30, CMRT, PE, general contractor license, Stationary Engineer certification, Fireman Boiler Operator.
- Deep understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Someone who wants to share their knowledge and teach trade skills to the team
- Strong knowledge of how to interpret and use building plans, schematics, drawings, and other construction or trade documents
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently
- Professional demeanor and strong ability to establish positive relationships with others
- Motivated to adopt new and emerging technologies
- Knowledgeable with Google Suite
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- A background in construction, hospitality, or operations a plus
- Must have a flexible schedule and open to working some weekends as business requires
- This role requires a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?