Specialist, HR Operations
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Given the growth in our employee base across the globe, we're looking for a People Operations Specialist to deliver a great employee experience throughout the EMEA markets. We are looking for a team member to support employees throughout their lifecycle ensuring that all the People transactions, from offer through post exit are communicated to a high standard, documented, reflected in our systems, cascaded to other stakeholders and compliant with internal policies and local legislation. The position will report to our Director, People Operations EMEA and collaborate cross-functionally within the wider People and Recruitment team with touchpoints with Legal, Finance and the business stakeholders; additionally there will be relationships with external vendors. We are looking for problem solvers with a "get it done" attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Support the employee lifecycle ensuring a high standard of documentation and communication. This includes drafting employment contracts and letters in multiple markets, and communicating to employees and managers accordingly
- As part of the People Operations team, work to propose new process solutions to deliver a better employee experience.
- Be the lead in Workday administration for the EMEA region
- Be the lead for all queries and administration relating to employee leave for the region.
- Lead the UK absence management administration process to support employees and managers.
- Present updates to policies & processes to managers and employees as part of updating/training them on business changes.
- Liaise with the Recruiting team to support them in answering candidate questions and transition to become the Sonder point of contact from offer accepted onwards.
- Liaise with external vendors including those providing support in relation to visas, legal queries and hiring. Be the interface between employees & candidates and these vendors
- Support benefits administration in multiple markets: communicate with vendors, troubleshoot employee queries, identify issues and propose solutions
- Guide employees and managers through People processes & policies.
- Produce bulk documentation as necessary: i.e. salary review letters and other notices.
- Support compliance ensuring appropriate documentation is issued and retained as necessary, including right to work records..
- Act as an interface with the Payroll team to ensure that inputs are provided and documented in compliance with the payroll deadlines in each market.
- Support with other People related projects as needs arise..
- Support with the administration of TUPE projects as we grow and develop within the EMEA region.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of professional experience.
- Previous People Operations/Services experience in at least two EMEA markets
- Solid understanding and awareness of best practice People policies and procedures in at least two European markets (must include the UK)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English in addition to the local language.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues and to maintain confidentiality.
- Enjoys working in a global, complex, and fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment.
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, providing recommendations on suggested approaches.
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Previous TUPE transfer experience beneficial
- Previous experience of supporting of working closely with payroll is beneficial
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.