City Team Group Sales Coordinator
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
We are seeking a highly organized and customer-focused individual to join our Sonder City Team as a Group Sales Coordinator. As the Group Sales Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing all group bookings in the Phoenix Market, serving as the primary point of contact for group inquiries, and ensuring seamless coordination between Sonder, the Banquet and Events Team, and the group contact. This role requires strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Act as the main point of contact for all group bookings in the Phoenix Market, addressing inquiries, providing information, and coordinating bookings efficiently.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with group contacts to ensure excellent customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Communicate directly with group contacts to provide detailed information about Sonder's amenities, services, and offerings.
- Conduct property tours at Sonder properties, highlighting features, amenities, and benefits to potential group clients.
- Create user profiles and access codes in the reservation system to ensure accurate and timely entry of guest information.
- Verify that housekeeping cleans have been scheduled
- Participate in pre-conference and post-conference meetings to understand event requirements and expectations.
- Create and manage individual bookings, group bookings and manual bookings for the Phoenix Market, ensuring accuracy throughout the reservation process.
- Serve as a liaison between the Banquet and Events Team and City Team stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and collaboration.
Front Desk Support:
- Provide support and assistance at the front desk, including check-ins, guest inquiries, and other front desk duties.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to ensure a smooth check-in process and exceptional guest experience.
- Provide on-site event management support, collaborating with the Banquet and Events Team to ensure seamless execution of group events.
- Act as a point of contact for event-related inquiries and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 2 years of customer facing experience in the hospitality or travel industry, preferably in the corporate sales space.
- Strong understanding of the hotel industry’s distribution and reservations landscape.
- Strong ability to see projects through from beginning to end; an organized multi-tasker who thrives on managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Super-communicator, both internally and externally, with strong interpersonal skills; Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships to drive partner satisfaction and growth.
- Proven ability to improve and/or streamline processes in a growing, changing, complex environment.
- Skilled in both Microsoft and Google suites of products, Salesforce, and other sales enablement tools.
- Excited and passionate about Sonder, reaching sales targets, and working cross-functionally to build a world class Sales organization!
- Passionate, positive, and ability to flex and adapt with a growing organization!
- Enjoys talking and building relationships with customers. Hospitality is part of your DNA.
- This role requires a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
- Join our Sonder City Team and play a vital role in providing exceptional group experiences in the vibrant Phoenix Market. Apply today to be part of our dynamic and growing team!
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.