Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The primary responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisor will be thorough management of Sonder’s storage facilities implementing inventory and storage maintenance processes to create a safe and accessible environment for staff. The Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for placing orders, managing inventory levels for the city, and ensuring monthly replenishment. The Warehouse Supervisor will work with a team on strategy and schedule with city laundry and housekeeping vendors, and in organizing in-building storage.
Our Warehouse Supervisor will also be responsible for his/her ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner, problem-solve issues independently and quickly, implement processes, communicate internally and externally, and analyze trends and data. This will include both warehouse-related tasks and guest tasks when needed.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
Follow best practices around preparing, performing and completing tasks
- Prepare back-of-house operations prior to new building launches, working cross-functionally with Onboarding, Property Management, and Hospitality
- Setup back of house operations across Sonder’s portfolio to support day-to-day operations including Property Management, Hospitality, housekeeping, and laundry
- Manage relationship with and communicate feedback to 3rd party logistics partners
- Coordinate furniture replacements to minimize internal hold time
- Prepare monthly orders for consumables, apartment items, and linen
- Train onsite team to support back of house organization and inventory to reduce shortages
- Stepping in to help city team with guest tasks when needed
- Ability to lift boxes and furniture up to 50lbs
- Problem solve quickly and confidently
- Provide support on in-building storage cleanups
- Tech-savvy: this role requires an ability to use Google sheets, Inventory Management Systems, Slack, and Asana. SQL experience is a plus but not required.
- Implement scalable inventory system for apartment items, consumables, and laundry across the city
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a warehouse or back-of-house environment
- Inventory management experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Spacial awareness
- Experience maintaining OSHA compliance a plus
- A self-starter effective at working in both a team environment and independently
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Schedule flexibility a plus
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations).
- This role requires a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.