Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
This role will report to the Head of Treasury. In this challenging position, you will play a critical role in building a world class finance organization to service the rapidly growing Sonder business. This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing company and make an immediate impact to the business.
AT SONDER YOU WILL
- Develop and implement a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding receivables and deposits.
- Corporate and group sales are a fast growing component of our revenue, leading to a need for structure in credit limits and collections efforts.
- Significant partnership with Airbnb and other online travel agencies
- Outstanding deposits with landlords
- Partner with Netsuite/Fintech teams to evaluate and lead the implementation of the Netsuite collection module
- Partner with Lease Administration and Real Estate teams to collect deposits from properties with expiring leases
- Help ensure Sonder collects all monies due from lessors for fixed asset improvements
- Partner with Revenue Accounting and Corporate sales to develop and implement a corporate wide Credit review and risk policy and procedures
- Determine Credit review and risk for new and existing customers
- Establish credit limits once credit review complete
- Evaluate the need to partner with Third party collection agencies
- Performs audits of accounts that are in the system.
- Partner with Revenue accounting to review and assess the allowance for doubtful accounts to ensure we are following internal policy and following CECL guidelines.
- Negotiating with customers in cases when non-payment occurs.
- Preparing monthly feedback reports on payment collections.counts reserve based on customer payment and collections behavior
- Partner with Revenue accounting to implement deadlines for invoicing and payment collections
- Partner with cross functional teams to support the Company’s global expansion on a variety of projects, there will be many!
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3-5 years of collections experience at a top corporate or financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Experience in a high growth start-up or large multi-national company preferred
- Experience with accounting software such as Netsuite and advanced knowledge of Google workspace.
- Great communication skills, well organized, strong project management skills, ability to multi-task and be a team player is a must
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- Enthusiasm about Sonder!
- English is required for this position to communicate with team members and/or tourists/clients outside of Quebec
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.