Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The Openings Coordinator’s mandate is simple: to set up, coordinate, and help improve the process of setting up new hotel and apartment units, from schematic design to photoshoot staging, until each hotel or unit is ready to host our guests.
In this role, you will be working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (interior design, guest experience, real estate, operations, etc.) and external stakeholders (architects, general contractors, etc.). We value scrappy, process-driven, and highly analytical individuals who have strong experience in project management and operations. Passion for Sonder’s mission and product is a must!
What You'll Do:
- Create a workflow and task sequence for projects, and track handoffs and progress between internal teams and external stakeholders
- Coordinate the outfitting of hotel and apartment units in the market area with our local vendor partners
- Run point to complete the install of all new hotels and units while fiercely executing Sonder design and operational brand standards
- Work closely with HQ to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of each project
- Own timelines and budgets to launch units quicker and reduce cash burn
- Expertly support vendor contracts (FF&E suppliers, installers, and logistics companies) while building, managing, and maintaining business relationships with vendor partners
- Tirelessly problem solve issues while working to consistently improve processes, minimizing and preventing exceptions and errors in order to scale rapidly
- Constantly improve the efficiency and reduce the cost of the onboarding process, while maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Work alongside the Operations team to ensure new units are guest-ready
- Create and review floor plans and confirm finishes to ensure they meet Sonder brand standards
- Partner with HQ teams to maintain our inventory management system, receive all necessary assets, and remain up-to-date on company initiatives and rollouts
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years of professional hospitality experience, preferably in hotels
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience and/or event coordination
- A proven track record of prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
- A detail oriented perfectionist with exceptional organizational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to plan independently and complete projects with minimal supervision, while also providing progress road maps to manager and team
- Strong negotiation skills
- A willingness and enthusiasm to get your hands dirty when needed - be it making a bed or assembling a sofa
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to identify and convey critical information to stakeholders quickly and precisely
- A professional presence when interacting with senior management, external clients, and vendors
- A consummate team player who cultivates a positive culture
- A creative thinker who challenges assumptions
- Experience with creating gantt charts, managing workstreams and setting and managing against metrics
- Expert with Google Suite; experience with project management applications such as Asana a plus
- Past experience with early/mid-stage startups, procurement, logistics or supply chain a plus
- Knowledge of FF&E or architectural/interior finishes a plus
- Past experience with site management a plus
- Up to 50% travel expectations
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.