Firmware Application Engineer/Specialist
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2022
We are looking for a motivated Firmware Application Engineer/Specialist who has a passion for directly supporting customers, but also interfacing Engineering teams with Sales, Marketing teams and our Field Application Engineers/Specialists around the world. As an Application Engineer/Specialist, you will be responsible for making it as easy as possible for our customers to develop their products using our solutions (SDK, Evaluation Kits, Reference Designs etc.)
- Support customers with their technical inquiries on various products such as our SDK, our Evaluation Kits, our Reference Designs etc.
- Troubleshoot customers’ applications by assisting them remotely or on-site if needed
- Act as a bridge between Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams (ASIC/FW/HW)
- Participate in developing example applications such as audio streaming application, HID applications, low-power wireless sensor applications, time-of-flight ranging applications
- Share ideas and work cooperatively with colleagues from all departments
- Produce documentation such as application notes, migration manual etc
- Produce trainings and Lead training sessions for our internal teams and our customers
- Work with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and multimeters for troubleshooting electronics problems
- Give assistance with the execution of tests and for the packaging of products that would be shipped to external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or in a related field
- 10 years of experience in the field, at least 5 years as a Firmware Application Engineer or Field Application Engineer
- Strong skill with C programming language
- Experience with other programming languages such as C++, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with the Git version control system
- Understanding communication protocols such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART and USB
- Experience with recognized software development methods such as code reviews, unit testing and modular design
- Deep understanding of modern microcontroller architectures (i.e ARM cortex M)
- Show Ownership, Own the customer problem and work internally to find a solution until the issue is resolved
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to positively negotiate deliverables with engineering teams to meet customer requirements
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both French and English
Promote the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Have the success of the team at heart.
- Rigor: Take pride in carefully executed work.
- Motivation: Exceed your limits in a job you love.
- Initiative: Propose new ideas and act.
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around us.
- Experience with the development of firmware and applications for other types of embedded wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Zigbee
- A growing start-up where each person has an important role in the success of the Company
- Be part of a passionate, creative and motivated team in a collaborative mode
- A place where you can grow and become the professional you want to be
- Group insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Hybrid work and flexible hours to balance work/personal life
- In addition to vacation, sick leave and holidays, Spark offers additional days off
See more open positions at Spark Microsystems
Something looks off?