Senior QA Test Specialist
IT, Quality Assurance
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Validation in Quality Assurance, you will work with practical solutions, such as mice, headphones, speakers and IoT, which use our innovative UWB ASIC transceivers. And you will work closely with firmware, hardware, application, and ASIC teams, in an Agile Scrum environment. The job is executed in close collaboration with the firmware, hardware, application, and ASIC teams, in an Agile environment.
- Participate in the planning and assignments of tasks related to QA Validation
- Follow up the execution of validation tests and inform the product/project teams about the progress, issues, and mitigation as needed
- Review test plans and test reports produced by peers, and make pass/fail assessment for the product/project release
- Provide coaching and give assistance to the QA team regarding test setups, test plans, test procedures, and the analysis of test results
- Develop test scenarios, write test plans, execute and generate detailed test reports
- Perform various manual and automated tests such as functional, regression, robustness, interference and environmental
- Report and document non-conformities, follow up and participate in their resolution in support of the teams involved
- Use appropriate test equipment and procedures to verify and resolve electrical, mechanical, or firmware issues
- Define, set up and maintain various test environments for the different tests
- Participate in the implementation of automated test procedures written in Python
- Give assistance with the execution of tests and for the packaging of products that would be shipped to external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or in a related field
- 5 or more years of experience in technical leadership of verification and validation of wireless systems
- Experience planning and executing RF tests, and with system tests on hardware and embedded software
- Experience with a laboratory test environment using oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, antennas, modulators, etc
- Autonomy, Excellent time management skills and sense of judgment
- Attention to detail and well accepted standards when writing documentation, and for formal internal and external communications
- Motivated and willing to work and learn in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous improvement
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the verification and validation process
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both French and English
Promote the following values/qualities:
- Cooperation: Have the success of the team at heart.
- Rigor: Take pride in carefully executed work.
- Motivation: Exceed your limits in a job you love.
- Initiative: Propose new ideas and act.
- Leadership: Positively influencing those around us.
- Knowledge of antenna characterization parameters such as irradiation pattern and gain
- Experience in certification testing according to regulatory standards, such as FCC, ISED, ETSI, UKCA, ARIB
- Knowledge and experience writing test automation scripts with Python programming language
- Experience with ASIC characterization tests
- A growing start-up where each person has an important role in the success of the Company
- Be part of a passionate, creative and motivated team in a collaborative mode
- A place where you can grow and become the professional you want to be
- Group insurance from day one
- Employee stock option plan
- Hybrid work and flexible hours to balance work/personal life
- In addition to vacation, sick leave and holidays, Spark offers additional days off
See more open positions at Spark Microsystems
Something looks off?